News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Weather Alert

Started by Towntalk, October 28, 2012, 10:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

What, me miss? The only thing I ever miss are the days of yor when my Mother and Dad were still here and we would gather around the dining room table and enjoy mugs of hot chocolate, crackers and cheese, and let the rest of the world pass by.

iwasthere

oh well, i just don't want you to miss out of having a good time with a bunch of wooden puppets.

Towntalk

:)   In a word no.  :)

Beside the meal I spoke of earlier, I'd much rather sit down to a cup of hot chocolate ... a plate of fancy cheese ... a box of fancy crackers enjoying my collction of old time radio programs than listen to a lot of claptrap spewing out of the mouths of a gaggle of hypocrits who couldn't care less about folks like us.

iwasthere

don't you want see noses grow?

Towntalk

:)  Had better things to do with my time than to go hear hot air speeches.  :)   Besides I'm not one to go running of to every political puppet show that comes down the pike.  :laugh:  I'd rather spend my time sitting own to a nice medium rare steak, potatoes/gravey; sweet and sour red cabbage, a salad, jello, and a cup of coffee.

iwasthere

tt if you went by the covelli ctre the other day you would experience alot of hot air with high winds with speeches that made you put your hightop boots.

Towntalk

For the valley at least, the storm was more a tempest in a tea pot than was predicted. A lot of rain ... a little wind ... but little else.

iwasthere

you all thanks for the heads up

Towntalk

If your trash day is during this weather its best that you wait till next week to put it out.

Towntalk

Just stepped out onto the porch to bring in my chair and could actually hear the wind.

jay

With high winds approaching, bring in any yard items that may be blown away or blown into your windows.

Towntalk

UPDATE AS OF 1:30 PM EST 10/29/2012

AccuWeather shows no change in forcast ... HEAVY WINDS AND RAIN ... WARNINGS ARE STILL IN PLACE.

Towntalk

When I do my monthly shopping I always make a point of buying a little more than I actually need so that in emergencies I have plenty to eat, so my pantry is almost filled to capacity with food I can eat without using electricity, and have emergency lighting to see by at night.

I don't think that we'll have serious problems here but it's wise not to take chances.

As to the frig, if the electricity does go out, a quick trip to the frig won't really hurt so l;ong as you don't leave the door open too long. You should know where everything is in there anyway.

jay

The Mahoning Valley was listed in the area that may lose electrical power during the storms resulting from Hurricane Sandy.  Stock up on food items that do not need refrigeration.  Pick a room in your house that retains heat well and use it as your safe room.