News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES

Started by Towntalk, May 31, 2009, 04:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

FYI Dennis, the Toronto (Canada) Star is PRO-ENVIRONMENT and Canada's top liberal paper. Hardly conservative and hardly anti-environment.

sfc_oliver

I saw nothing in the article about Conservatives or Liberals or even the Green party. Fact is there was nothing in the article about politics at all. I guess some people are practicing to work in Washington, Speaking without reading.

I do not work well with stupidity.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Why?Town

Funny, I didn't notice in the article that anyone was suggesting abandoning electric vehicles and driving only "gas-guzzling 8 cylinder monsters that are as loud as freight trains".

I did read this:

"A bill going through the U.S. Congress wants to establish a minimum level of sound for vehicles that are not using an internal-combustion engine, so that blind people and other pedestrians can hear them coming."

I am far from blind and my hearing is quite fine but I've almost been run over several times by electric vehicles in the plant where I used to work. Never had a problem with the propane powered forklifts though.

irishbobcat

Funny, whatever happened to looking both ways before you crossed the street?

Chalk another one up to the conservatives for giving us another insane reason not to have electric cars.....we can only have gas-guzzling 8 cylinder monsters that are as loud as freight trains in this country to stay alive......

What can conservatives think up next? ha ha ha  LOL!!!!!!