News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

A Conservative Mahoning Valley

Started by ytowner, May 28, 2009, 10:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

I am all for debating politics and issues, but do not wish to engage in name calling or insults.  Doing so completely undermines any point that you are trying to make and instead labels you as uneducated, uninformed and dismissable. 

Dennis, Karl Rove is not "my boy".  I am a Libertarian, and Rove is a Republican.  Thats two completly different political parties. 

ytowner

Quote from: iwasthere on June 01, 2009, 04:57:19 PM
if yosu cannot not handle the answer never ask the question. newstand put forth the question and i gave a fast answer that set your nerves on the high end of being insulted. oh well  you will live another day in ytown. i never asked for your respect in the past or the future so chill out.
Well you lost everyone's respect on this board. If you believe conservatives are racist, then you are full of yourself my friend. Google ZONation on PJTV and watch that. That should change your racial point of view.

iwasthere

if yosu cannot not handle the answer never ask the question. newstand put forth the question and i gave a fast answer that set your nerves on the high end of being insulted. oh well  you will live another day in ytown. i never asked for your respect in the past or the future so chill out.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: sfc_oliver on May 31, 2009, 12:57:29 PM
Relax folks we all see who the name callers are in this forum. And we see the results of the last 30 years of democrat rule in the valley. Another 30 years of the same and we can all open 20 acre farms in what used to be residential Youngstown.

Need we say more?
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

Any Neo-Con or conservative fits on that list PERFECTLY>>>>>>>

In fact, heads that list.......

sfc_oliver

Relax folks we all see who the name callers are in this forum. And we see the results of the last 30 years of democrat rule in the valley. Another 30 years of the same and we can all open 20 acre farms in what used to be residential Youngstown.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

Karl Rove may not be a member....but we know who his followers are//////////

Towntalk

Karl Rove is not a member of this board as far as I know.

Name calling is certainly not a Republican trate exclusively, just take a look at the liberal sites on the internet or on the cable news talk shows.

irishbobcat

Rick, I Disagree.....

Name-Calling and Insults were highly used by your boy Karl Rove since the 1980's.......

Rick Rowlands

iwasthere has trotted out an age old liberal tactic, using namecalling and insults to disguise the fact that he cannot intelligently defend his political positions.  We do not need such insulting comments on this forum and your post has caused me to lose all respect that i may have had for you.

Go slither away and leave the rest of us alone.  You are no longer welcome here.

Rick Rowlands

Most people are so willing to put the blame for everything upon the shoulders of the President, while ignoring the basic fact that it is themselves who have the most influence over their lives.  How can the Preseident possibly be all things to all people?  Its impossible. I'm sick and tired of many of you people who apparently cannot do anything for yourselves and wake up everyday wishing that Bush, Obama, Clinton et al would swoop in like a knight in shining armor and save you.  As long as you think that way you will wallow in whatever hell you live in, never realizing that it is up to YOU to make your life into whatever you want it to be.

ytowner

Nothing beats Clinton's failure to put a big defense accounting center in the Valley... Guess he lied to this area more than once... That and Monica :).

You folks continue to vote in these Democrats that have done NOTHING to turn this area around. And no my friend, a conservative Mahoning Valley is not one with the Klan. Fear tactics like that are absurd.

You pretty much have said every conservative in the valley is a racist with that remark.

Towntalk

As an FDR/Truman Democrat, I would agree with you Rusty.

rusty river

Quote from: sfc_oliver on May 29, 2009, 10:54:09 PM
I grew up in a Conservative Mahoning Valley, Seems as though I remember that everyone had a JOB. My Dad raised 7 kids on a mechanics pay. And we  did alright.  Of course I wasn't here to witness the change. What happened?

Free trade

Towntalk

Unless I'm mistakes, the Democratic candidate won Mahoning County in both elections.

Actually Sarge the valley started turning with the election of FDR. Sulligan (sp) and Hanni tipped the tide in the cities while many of the townships stayed Republican.