News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

No Comment Breaking News

Started by Towntalk, January 28, 2013, 04:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Neither.  I cannot be for liberty and freedom and try to limit the liberties and freedoms of fellow Americans based on their sexual preferences.  I am a fiscal conservative and a social liberal.

irishbobcat

Why? Town...thank you for your simple, direct explanation regarding the BSA position. That's all I wanted.
Rick, stop the presses, we actually agree on something...are you becoming liberal or am I becoming conservative?

Why?Town

BSA is an organization that promotes high moral standards. They do not believe homosexuality aligns with those standards.

Rick Rowlands

At what point during scouting does being gay enter into it?  it is not as if you wear a badge saying that you are gay, and as far as I know scouting isn't a dating service.  Scouting isn't even the place to demonstrate boy/girl romance.  This whole gay issue is a bunch of BS.  They are people too, and just because they happen to have a genetic or psychological difference in them that makes them more feminine, that is no reason to treat them as second class citizens. 

sfc_oliver

Will someone tell me what part of "not expanding on that" is so hard to understand?
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Why?Town

Quote from: irishbobcat on January 29, 2013, 10:25:26 PM
Sarge, so why can't a person be a scout master if they can use a pocket knife, have the required competencies to instruct scouts in
all the badge-earning activities, and be gay?

You are still excluding most gay men.

irishbobcat

Sarge, so why can't a person be a scout master if they can use a pocket knife, have the required competencies to instruct scouts in
all the badge-earning activities, and be gay?

iwasthere

we all have something to give back to the world.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: iwasthere on January 29, 2013, 04:26:03 PM
sarge are you saying that your stepson cannot walk talk and chew all at onetime.
He is fantastic as an Elvis impersonator. Put a mic in his hand and give him an audience and he'll do great.

Hand him a pocket knife and he would hurt himself trying to open it....

And he would probably put himself in the hospital if you gave him a saw or axe...

iwasthere

sarge are you saying that your stepson cannot walk talk and chew all at onetime.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: iwasthere on January 28, 2013, 10:29:59 PM
sarge would you ban your gay stepson from being a scout or a leader?
Most definitely. But for many other reasons than being Gay.... A Cub scout would show him up on most things that a scout would be doing...... In fact him as a Scout leader could make for a great comedy show...

iwasthere

sarge would you ban your gay stepson from being a scout or a leader?

irishbobcat

No Sarge, please do expand on it......why? Are you worried a gay scout leader automatically is a pediphile?

Please list ALL the levels.....why?   I'm curious....

sfc_oliver

That is just so wrong on so many levels......... And no I will not expand on it.