News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mayor Sammarone To Run For President Of Council

Started by jay, January 08, 2013, 08:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i heard tonight at superbowl party. there were two candidates from the grn party circulating petitions for cp position at the monthly veggie dinner.

jay

Sorry, but I did not attend that meeting.  The only other information is that a woman had the petition.  I do not know if she is the candidate or is only circulating the petition on behalf of the candidate.

Maybe the Republicans are going to have a candidate after all.

Youngstownshrimp

Can you say a name?  Jay, I don't know what your problem is, but this is not the first time you post something basically incomplete and seems more a rumor than a statement thought out.

jay

Someone wanting to run for President of Council was making the rounds at west side meetings this weekend.

jay

According to a story in the Thursday Youngstown newspaper,  no republicans have filed to run for Mayor or President of Council in Youngstown.

jay

On Friday, January 25, Mayor Sammarone was to have filed his nominating petitons for President of Council with the Board of Elections.

No other candidates have filed for this position.  The February 6 filing deadline is fast approaching.

Looks as though Sammarone will be President of Council again after an uncontested election.

jay

As a resident of the west side, Mr. Sammarone did not attended meetings of west side organizations.

irishbobcat

Sam Malone? didn't he run that bar "Cheers" in Boston?

Rick Rowlands

I wonder how many Youngstown residents think the name of their mayor is Sam Marone?

Towntalk

To old man Charlie Sammarone:

Pack it in you old geezer and take your retirement with a semblence of grace, because your best days have come and gone.

iwasthere

cs is not a shoo in as ytown poc. ytown residents might show him the door.

jay

Some politicians should just retire (without double dipping) and let younger people have a try at governing this city.

iwasthere

a grn party member is seriously thinking about tossing his hat in the ring, a st rumor.

jay

No other person has been mentioned for this office.

Will the other parties run a candidate?

Is there an independent who would be willing to run for President of Council?

irishbobcat

TT, I agree.....if you want to spend more time at home, you retire....I guess the president of council job must be a very good gig....no work, no real responsibilities, a good paycheck, and a good pension to boot.