News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Ohioans Attending SB5 Petition Training In Masses

Started by irishbobcat, April 28, 2011, 08:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

Quote from: iwasthere on May 06, 2011, 11:48:39 AM
did you have any problems in recieving your monies that were due to you without any hassle from the government?

As far as I can remember I had a few minor pay problems. I hope all of them were resolved.
If you mean did anyone purposely hold up my pay, yes, I had a Personnel Sergeant hide my Promotion orders to E5 for 7 months I didn't even know I had made the cut off. And what a surprise an E4 Personnel guy caught it as I checked into a new unit. No Union involved.....
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

Quote from: sfc_oliver on May 05, 2011, 06:40:37 PM
The American Taxpayers do not pay the military for overtime. Lots of things that civilians take for granted do not happen in the Military.
did you have any problems in recieving your monies that were due to you without any hassle from the government?

sfc_oliver

Quote from: iwasthere on May 05, 2011, 04:32:32 PM
you were paid for your service without any discrepancies in your paycheck?

The American Taxpayers do not pay the military for overtime. Lots of things that civilians take for granted do not happen in the Military.

iwasthere

Quote from: sfc_oliver on May 05, 2011, 02:11:23 PM
Oh well, I figured I worked plenty of overtime on your dime during my years in the military. The typical day was 12 hours, seldom did we work less than that. And the more rank on your shoulder the longer the hours got. Still, no union. I wonder how that would work for the country?
you were paid for your service without any discrepancies in your paycheck?

sfc_oliver

Oh well, I figured I worked plenty of overtime on your dime during my years in the military. The typical day was 12 hours, seldom did we work less than that. And the more rank on your shoulder the longer the hours got. Still, no union. I wonder how that would work for the country?

iwasthere

SARGE I WORKED AT SCHWEBEL'S BAKING CO. WHERE THE OWNER FRANCES SOLOMON WOULD THROW THE TIMECARDS BACK INTO THE FACES OF THE SUPERVISORS WHICH SHE TOLD THEM THAT SHE WAS NOT GOING TO PAY THESE MEN AND WOMEN THEIR OVERTIME BECAUSE THEY DID NOT EARN IT OR DESERVE IT. THE UNION STEPPED IN AND SET THE RECORD STRAIGT WITH HER BUT SHE STILL DID NOT PAY THE WORKFORCE BY CALCULATING THE HRS WRONG. THERE WERE FIGHTS WITH HER CONCERNING HER ATTITUDE TOWARDS THE  LABORFORCE IN THE BAKERY UNTIL THAT EVIL........ DIED AT HER DESK  I WORKED UNDER A UNION THAT I GAVE THE CO AND UNION THIRTY YRS AND I RECIEVED A PENSION AT THE AGE OF 48. I NEVER HAVE TO WORK AGAIN UNLESS I WANT TO BUT IT GOES TO THE CREDIT GOES TO THE UNION. LONG LIVE THE UNION POWER IN THE U.S.A.

irishbobcat

good for you, Sarge.......but what about business in general that isn't as supportive of their workforce?

sfc_oliver

I worked for a business when I moved back to Youngstown. I started out as part time commission,  and within 2 years I was the general manager. I  wasn't a member of any union, I obtained the position because of my abilities. In other words the owner saw that I could do the job better than anyone else he had. If there had been a Union he could not have promoted the new guy to the position he wanted him in.

And our workers were the best paid in the valley for our industry. They had an option for health care and retirement. Most didn't want either.

And the owner only made about 1/3 more than I did. The rest was invested back into the company.

irishbobcat

more like pay people dirt wages while CEO's rake down millions, sarge......

sfc_oliver

Oh yes, how dare those businesses actually create jobs and pay people.... And still make a profit ! Shameful.

irishbobcat

Oh, Dan.......spare me the pro-business spin.......

it's makes me hurl.......

Dan Moadus

None the less, they bring it upon themselves. A lot of them suck the lifeblood out of a company until it's gone. The public employees are doing that right now. It's a shame, because there are usually plenty of signs that the "host" is dying as there are now in most cities and states.

Dan Moadus

Should be titled, "Ohioans attending self immolation training sessions" Unions are such a noble idea; why do they always commit suicide?

sfc_oliver

Amazes me how the people overwhelmingly voted out the left because their policies didn't work, yet they expect the new policies to be overridden in favor of the old...

It has been 4 months, I would say that isn't enough time to know if anything will work yet. And if it doesn't work in 4 years we will vote in someone new again.....

It's not a problem. I say give SB5 a chance, even if some people don't like it. Again, what part of "we're broke" is so difficult to understand?

ytowner

Should I be worried or something. All along I expected this thing to get on the ballot. At the end of the day it will come down to turnout. The thing the left continues to forget is the bill to essentially ban ObamaCare will be on the November ballot as well....

Turnout=Key