News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

What's with all the drums and cow bells?

Started by Dan Moadus, March 01, 2011, 09:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Moadus

A steady stream of condemnation was aimed at the Tea Party movement when they were accused of verbally assaulting members of Congress at a protest in D.C. on the day the so called Health Care Bill was passed. It didn't matter that with all the recording devices present, not a single piece of evidence was produced to back that claim up. That's because it didn't happen. I know because I was there to witness it. On the other hand, we have video after video of egregious behavior by union thugs, and the media remains silent. If I was a union member I would be ashamed. 

Youngstownshrimp

Towntalk

Sounds like a group of anarchists and professional protesters came to town to do their thing. Perhaps some are strung out on drugs.

Dan Moadus

Some video shots of the demonstrators in Madison Wisconsin show a small group of young people in the center of the Capital building sitting crossed legged, beating on drums, cow bells and plastic buckets, while others are dancing listlessly in circles as if in some kind of religious trance. Having taken part in at least ten Tea Party demonstrations, I could tell you that these people would not have been tolerated at a Tea Party event.

Any one who attended any of the Tea Party events in the area can attest that such juvenile behavior did not take place. Of course there were slogans shouted, and cheering, but mainly there were quiet crowds being addressed by speakers.

The same goes for the idiots who protested -if that's what it was- at the McKinley Memorial in Niles last week. They demanded that their right of free speech be respected, while they tried their best to prevent others from exercising it.

This is the kind of mindless behavior that one sees at all the world economic summits that escalates into window smashing and violence.

I read that people were defecating on the floors and writing on the walls of the Wisconsin capital. How I ask, could the legitimate protesters stand by while this happens.

What it says to me, is that the people fighting against Governor Walker do not believe that they have to win the support of the people, but feel that they have the power to force their demands. I think they are mistaken.