News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

I Heart My Westide Library

Started by ForumManager, June 20, 2009, 08:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

I will reserve my limit of books online and arrange pick up at West this week!

mpalma

In the interest of connecting:
    I am a teacher at Kirkmere (formerly at West Elementary), Peggy Palma.  Rich Scarsella, a teacher at Chaney, and I went down to the Vindicator and spoke with Mr. Mangan, Mr. Franko, and Mr. de Souza about this issue, before I realized that some of the members here could have helped us.

This change will be devastating to our students. 
     If you have anything you can add to their stories, please send them to the gentlemen above at Vindy.com.

We differ from some members here in one regard.  We think the Southside now has more than their fair share of libraries.  What is the distance from the Newport Library to Brownlee Woods, and certainly Brownlee Woods and Struthers are very close.

irishbobcat

Green Party members are ready to fight for the library. Once again we see CEO boards trying to take things away from the poor, working, and middle class sides of town and give to the rich suburbs like Canfield.

The Green Party believes in keeping information and education available to all the school children on the West Side as well as those citizens who are in walking distance to the West Side Library.

Libraries are part of the heart and soul of any community. The Green party will not sit by and let 11 members who are "appointed" take away such items from those who reside on Youngstown's west side.

Count the Green Party in......Will the Democrats and Republicans join us?

jay

Irishbobcat,

Would members of the Green Party be willing to work on the save the West Side Library issue?

--------------------------------------------------

irishbobcat

It's time for west side residents to rally and not allow 11 library board members to decide to take away your facility.......

People in Struthers and Campbell.....beware, your libraries are the next slated to be closed.....leaving only Poland with a library on the east end of Mahoning County.

When did 11 people become so powerful in deciding where libraries shall be opened and closed?

ForumManager

more stickers- white  for printing if you are so inclined... to use less ink.

ForumManager

more stickers- transparent  for printing if you are so inclined... to use less ink.

ForumManager

They just refabbed the old PharMor Building on the Southside to be a spectacular facility.
It is  most likely getting a lot of traffic because it is new and interesting.
It doesn't seem that close to many schools except charter schools.
However- Westside is within walking distance to several well attended schools.

irishbobcat

Now we need a vast majority of community members to come together to work on committees to save the library, hold protest demonstrations and information talks outside the library, etc....

jay

ForumManager

Stickers attached