News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Street resurfacing

Started by ForumManager, June 18, 2009, 11:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

Before I stopped working, the company I was General manager of did a lot of work for the city. The way I understood it was that our Bid had to be the lowest but still had to be within 10% of what the cities estimate for the job was. Of course their estimate was never revealed to the bidders.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Toymaker

Do they still use the formula that awards the contract to do road work to the lowest bidder, which is accomplished by using a cheaper material of inferior quality? And naturally, since it is of inferior quality, the problem just recycles itself that much faster. I read about this years ago, and it was described being done throughout the country. Please tell me they have gotten smarter since then.

STEEL BUILT AMERICA!
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.   -Mark Twain

john r. swierz

The list is put together by the council member with the assistence of the Public Works Dept.

ForumManager

John,
Thanks for the info - I will wait until 2 weeks has passed.
Who decides what streets need to be paved?
There are MANY streets in Youngstown that need it much more than our street, well before it was scraped.

john r. swierz

By contract, the company has 2 weeks from the the time that they grind it till they must repave it

iwasthere

swierz next time you give wrong area code, OFF WITH YOUR HEAD. ;D

ForumManager

Thanks
What is a reasonable timeframe between scraping and paving?

john r. swierz

Sorry about the error on the area code, as you well know that would be 330 not 220.

john r. swierz

That would be the Public Works Department. The number is 220 7428800,  the program is at the direction of Charles Shasho, be you could ask for Colten.

ForumManager

Does anyone know which  department  handles street resurfacing?
They scraped our street and left it. It has been over a week.
The street didn't seem to be in need of paving and now it is terrible to drive on and of course the "no parking   by order of the police: signs are still up