News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

neighborhood alarm

Started by ForumManager, February 16, 2008, 08:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

It finally stopped.  Someone has turned lights on inside. I was concerned for the safety of the occupants.  I guess all is well.  All the neighbors I happened to speak  with also were concerned.  I can only  hope that the police would break into my home if something seemed awry.  I know that it can be a "rights" issue but what if someone might be dying?

AllanY2525

The Youngstown Police Department COULD enter the premesis without the owner
present, if their is probable cause to believe that a breakin or other crime has
been committed - OR if there is a reason to believe that someone could be
hurt, etc.

Having the alarm sounding for several days - IS - "probable cause" for the
Y.P.D. to enter the house, IF they felt motivated to DO something about
the alarm.

:/

ForumManager

While walking my dog I ventured up their driveway to see where the alarm is.  It is an alarm siren box on the outside of their attic window.  I;ve never seen one like that. I can also hear a second  alarm inside. Their trash can has been sitting on the curb since Thursday. The driveway was shoveled after the snow storm.

ForumManager

An alarm has been sounding on our street for 2 days.  Can't tell if it is car in the garage or a house alarm. I called the police at midnight the night before last and asked if they had checked it out yet because it had been sounding all day.   They said they knew about it but could do nothing because they couldn't contact the owner.  What if the owner is in the house injured or worse?  How are things like this handled?  Can they go in?