News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The Cabbage Patch

Started by Towntalk, December 25, 2008, 10:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

No one loves vegetables more than I do, but I'm certainly not a vegetarian. I also love a good steak, fresh fish, but again, I don't think of myself as a cannibal. Food for me serves a very simple purpose, required nourishment.

Today on NPR News we hear of an idea being pushed by the vegetarians and environmentalists that shows us why I can not take them seriously:

Activists Clamor For Organic Farm At White House
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=98613372

This idea certainly will go absolutely nowhere. It's as far from realistic as asking that our great national treasures, our national parks be closed and turned into organic farms.

So the question is asked: Why can't these people set their sights on the do-ables?

Recent reports tell us that millions of dollars are being spent by environmental groups to lobby state and federal legislators pushing their pet causes, millions that come from special interest groups that stand to gain such as the windmill manufacturers, and the solar energy manufacturers to name two.

In the process groups like PITA, Sierra Club, and other groups are raking in large sums of money from little people that can ill afford to throw their money away, while groups that could really use that money in the service of mankind such as the Salvation Army and our own Rescue Mission struggle just to get by from year to year.

To make mattes worse, these same groups are calling on legislators to tax us more and more to fulfill their pet projects at a time when we can ill afford it.

In New York, the Governor is seeking to tax just about everything including the cloths on our backs and the food we eat.

The same is true in California.

Where will it all end? At what point will these public officials say "no more"?

At what point will the public officials look the environmentalists in the eye and tell them point blank: "Before we add one more penny in tax you will have to first start using your own cash on the projects that you are lobbying us for."