News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

First Homicide of 2011 Is On The First Day Of 2011

Started by jay, January 01, 2011, 05:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

I just replied to westsider on another post on this forum that speaks about crime and Lansingville.

As far as the current shooting just about three short blocks away - I know nothing about it - although it is in Lansingville I am just not connected in that "circle" of people.  I could and will say that I have heard PLENTY of gun fire coming from that area but do not report it because I really don't know where it is coming from just like it sounds as if it is at the end of Compton Lane (the back yards of the people at the end of Compton Lane come to Shady Run right in that area where the shooting took place).  A few neighbors called including myself about shooting coming from a neighbors back yard - I was NOT pleased with the police when they came - they stopped the gentleman that did the shotting as he was pulling out of his drive and talked to him for maybe a minute and that was that.  Not to worry he has since moved - seemes he didn't like the neighborhood - well - the people who moved in just this week did so at 2 AM and the police were called because of the LOUD MUSIC playing during their moving in and they were also arguing loudly and their van needs a muffler.

jay

This crime happened in the Lansingville area of the 7th ward.

Does anyone in the Lansingville Block Watch know more about the circumstances leading up to the killing?

jay

Youngstown recorded its first homicide of 2011 on Saturday, January 1.  A man who was shot in the head was found on Shady Run Road on the south side of the city.