News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Tim Ryan Cancels Health Care Speech due to 12 Protesters

Started by ytowner, March 30, 2010, 08:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

I'm from the old Perot guard back in '92, he was the first to stand up to wanton government spending.

ytowner

-I had Dan Mamula for Intro to Politcal Science at YSU; a Liberal professor and we got along very well. Hell I did very very well in that class and always got a kick out of him.

-I am doing my persuasive speech in communications on repealing ObamaCare. We get a DVD with it, and I may just add it to YouTube so you can see me in action. I am really not as partisan as you may think. I am pretty dissatisfied with plenty Republicans as well and pretty upset the local GOP does not field the best candidates in the world. I am really just dissatisfied with where the nation is going, hence the change in tone on my website and on here.

-I don't want you folks to think of me as some angry 20 year old, because I am far from it. If anyone here knew me personally, you would realize that I am really friendly and simply love to laugh. I know a lot of liberals and conservative and we have had our debates on politics over the years, but we remain friends because we all realize it is not worth getting angry and upset over. Hell to be quite honest with you, I hate bringing up politics when around people cause it never seems to end pretty.

There is a time and place to argue about who is right and who is wrong, but at the end of the day we all have one common purpose, which is we all love Youngstown.

sfc_oliver

I see no link to YSU where one can go and see this information.

And isn't it great Dennis won't be calling us names anymore? Of course he will have to remain ignorant of actual facts on some matters, but our lives will be so enriched.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

I am so happpy I now use the ignore feature, and I don't have to read anymore stupid posts from Sarge, Ricky, and wet behind the ears Mikey-boy!

sfc_oliver

Sorry Steve but you'll have to have something to back that claim up.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

ytowner

Quote from: irishbobcat on April 01, 2010, 02:25:50 PM
Anything that is not extreme right wing, Michael has a problem with. he is SO out of touch with America's mainstream......
HAHA. Oh and I suppose you are SO in touch with America's mainstream values.

Polls all show 40% of Americans identify themselves as conservatives, 35% moderate, and 21% liberal. I am not the one out of touch Dennis. http://www.gallup.com/poll/120857/conservatives-single-largest-ideological-group.aspx

Rick Rowlands

The MVOC is clearly not a non partisan organization.  It should be renamed the MVLiberalOC since conservative viewpoints are not welcome.  I was looking at their website last night and I found no conservative stances on any issue. 

irishbobcat

Anything that is not extreme right wing, Michael has a problem with. he is SO out of touch with America's mainstream......

northside lurker

YtownN+V, thanks for sharing your opinion. (not that I necessarily agree with everything in your post, but one can respectfully disagree)  Up to now, you seemed to imply that the MVOC was hiding something, or that they are doing something wrong just because they have a "left wing" agenda.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

ytowner

Quote from: DefendYoungstown on April 01, 2010, 12:14:13 AM
I work for MVOC, Michael. I'd like to hear your explanation as to what my agenda is. In fact, why don't you come down to the MVOC office (201 E. Commerce St. Suite 137) tomorrow or whatever day/time works for you and we'll go through whatever issues you have. Lunch/coffee is on me. I believe this would be my second such invitation to you, exclusively. Being that the topic is avoidance, I want to make sure there is no confusion regarding invitations/opportunities to discuss/debate urban affair issues of Youngstown in person. I'd LOVE the opportunity to do so.

When can we meet? I'd like to set a time.

Phil Kidd
(330) 519-8712
phil@mvorganizing.org

P.S. When we meet - because we are going to meet, right Michael - I'd like to discuss who, specifically, these people are who you claim are "on to" MVOC. The organization is pretty straight forward regarding what the objective is and always has been since launch in 2008. With that being the case, support has not been an issue either: nearly 40 neighborhood groups and 20 churches, schools, local business/unions and the Regional Chamber, 4 local philanthropic foundations, 4 national foundations, numerous local community-based non-profits, YSU Center for Regional and Urban Studies, the Mahoning River Mayor's Consortium, City of Youngstown & Warren, Cleveland-Youngstown-Pittsburgh Regional Network, National Vacant Property Campaign, etc. Not sure who's left? We're about as highly visible as it comes/not much to hide and support has been strong and diverse.

I have said it once and I will say it again:
-The MVOC pushed for the passage of ObamaCare: Left Wing.
-Your group pushes for these landbank things which are pretty radical in my eyes.
-Your group is associated with the SEIU: Left Wing union.
-Your group actually associates with the UFCW, who is out there daily trying to shut down Henry Nemenz' store.

My concern with the MVOC is mainly due to Jay Williams allowing your group to play a role, a substantial one in my eyes, in the HUD review process. I personally believe a 3rd party group should play no role in something the local government's are responsible for.

My other concern with this group is how many, not saying all, but many local Democrats are associated closely with it. The MVOC held a presser after the HUD debacle and how they were going to go to DC. At the event were a number of local Democrats. When I see stuff like that, I think the two groups are too closely associated with each other.

If we meet, we must do it AFTER my semester ends at YSU. Between eight major projects, work, coaching soccer, and everything else, it will have to wait until May.

irishbobcat

DefendYoungstown

I work for MVOC, Michael. I'd like to hear your explanation as to what my agenda is. In fact, why don't you come down to the MVOC office (201 E. Commerce St. Suite 137) tomorrow or whatever day/time works for you and we'll go through whatever issues you have. Lunch/coffee is on me. I believe this would be my second such invitation to you, exclusively. Being that the topic is avoidance, I want to make sure there is no confusion regarding invitations/opportunities to discuss/debate urban affair issues of Youngstown in person. I'd LOVE the opportunity to do so.

When can we meet? I'd like to set a time.

Phil Kidd
(330) 519-8712
phil@mvorganizing.org

P.S. When we meet - because we are going to meet, right Michael - I'd like to discuss who, specifically, these people are who you claim are "on to" MVOC. The organization is pretty straight forward regarding what the objective is and always has been since launch in 2008. With that being the case, support has not been an issue either: nearly 40 neighborhood groups and 20 churches, schools, local business/unions and the Regional Chamber, 4 local philanthropic foundations, 4 national foundations, numerous local community-based non-profits, YSU Center for Regional and Urban Studies, the Mahoning River Mayor's Consortium, City of Youngstown & Warren, Cleveland-Youngstown-Pittsburgh Regional Network, National Vacant Property Campaign, etc. Not sure who's left? We're about as highly visible as it comes/not much to hide and support has been strong and diverse.

Why?Town

If someone were sitting across from my office every day in a truck plastered with JIMBO stickers I'd be worried too. You never know what unstable people may do.

ytowner

If I didn't have class, I probably would have been there. We can't help the event was scheduled for 2pm in the middle of the workday Steve! If it were in the evening or on the weekend, I can assure you that more people would be there. It is not inappropriate to protest Steve. Hell, even the Chief Operations Officer of the clinic was out there protesting Tim Ryan. What do you have to say to that Steve? And I am happy to see people are onto this M.V.O.C. group. The more people know about this group, the more alarmed people should be about their agenda.

And "iwasthere" is correct, Ryan better pray to God that Traficant runs in the 6th district and not his own.

I got another article on this: http://mvred.com/index.php/archives/local/275-time-to-put-pressure-on-tim-ryan

BTW: My brother, who goes to Ursuline, heard no disruptions in the afternoon when this protest was going on.

iwasthere

i agree that ryan should have met his obligations with the healthcare clinic. i say the "radical" the gang who could not shoot straight crowd outside the clinic, they did look like they could do tim harm esp when they started to ask him questions about this healthcare plan. i was told by pat lowery his spokesman for his ytown office that there is a guy in a pickup truck parked across the ytown congressman's office every day since the vote and the staff feels threaten because............................................are you seating in your chair...............................the threat is.........................................................that the guy's truck is pasted with JIMBO's stickers for congress on it that is the real threats they are receiving at Tim's office. ::) :o ;D :D ;) :) :-X :'( :laugh: ::)