News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mr. Peanut Visits Youngstown

Started by jay, October 18, 2008, 07:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfdgricker

One of the yellow trucks was Milton Twp's new Tanker. I'm not sure who truck was on the North side of the bridge. Yes the bridge will be lit up at night. If not right away, very soon. They said at the dedication ceremony that they received a grant to illuminate the bridge.

Elmo-Ytown

Is the yellow truck from the Airbase? Will the bridge be lit up at night?

northside lurker

Thank you for the pictures!

This is one of the few events I could have attended.  But, the weather wasn't looking promising at noon (when I went home) and I didn't want to get caught in the rain... that never happened. :(
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

Mahoning County Commissioner Anthony Traficanti took a moment to pose for a picture with Mr.Peanut.

jay

The new figure attached to the bridge was professionally painted to look like the real Mr. Peanut.

jay

Mr. Peanut posed in front of the new bridge.  Notice the refurbished Mr. Peanut figure on the bridge ironwork.

jay

While taking a picture during the opening of the Fallen Firefighters Memorial Bridge, I noticed a special visitor in the crowd.  It was Mr.Peanut.