News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Entrepreneurs Needed

Started by jay, April 08, 2006, 08:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I've added a plant nursery to the above list.

Towntalk

I wasn't aware of that Jay.

Are there any other buildings clost to the Square that would be available?

What about the old Phar-Mor buiilding? Is the main floor fully occupied?

jay

FYI
The Peggy Ann Building, 101 West Federal, has been occupied by the Secret Garden Hair Salon for about one year.

Towntalk

There are store fronts near Powers Auditorium.

ADVANTAGES

1. High traffic area
2, Near Home Savings and Loan, Childrens Services, Voinovich Building, The Vindicator, WRTA.

Also you might consider The Peggy Ann building.

ADVANTAGES

Close to two high rise apartment buildings with two more coming within the next two years.

blackhatron

I would be more than happy to discuss a Dollar store in down Youngstown.  I can't seen to find a location on the plaza (where I feel it would be profitable.
I can be contacted at blackhatron@netzero.net

Candy

I too would like to see a Fanny Farmer or Gorant type store downtown.  I personally loved Gorant's Jelly Beans.

As for a Camera Shop, lets include a photograph studio. There are a number of very talented photographers in the area. They should be encouraged to give it a try.

As for consumer electronics, I have doubts given the big box stores in Boardman. A small Mom and Pop store couldn't compete in prices.

Cinema Treasures a site devoted exclusively to theaters suggests that it would be extremely difficult to open a brand new single screen theater. Also according to reports in trade papers such as the Hollywood Reporter we are starting to see a trend developing to put new movies directly into the DVD market. Perhaps it might be a better idea to open a store for movie rentals.

What about a General Merchandise Store such as a Dollar Store and a Save-A-Lot?

Also a Art Supply/Book Store should be considered.

jay

I'm sorry that I was not as clear as I had hoped to be.  By candy store I am referring to a chocolate store similar to Gorants, Philadelphia Candy, or Giannios.

A consumer electronics store includes all of the electronic gadgets found is stores such as Best Buy and others.

The above list has been amended to refine the definition of each category.

Candy

JAY;

I remind you that there ARE:

2 Candy stores downtown -- The Daugherty Davis Co. (Wholesale/Retail) and The Shop Downtown

2 Consumer Eletronic stores -- Armies Electronics and Ross Radio

You clearly said "BUSINESSES NOT CURRENTLY IN YOUNGSTOWN" probably meaning in downtown Youngstown.

jay

More business categories have been added to the list.  Keep those suggestions coming. 

Look at all the businesses that should and could be started in Youngstown.

AllanY2525

Is Ross Radio on Federal Street no longer operating?

jay

The city of Youngstown needs entrepreneurs.  Let's compile a list of businesses which no longer exist within the city of Youngstown.  Perhaps some of our young business persons can provide one of these products or services for a city of 75,000 people.

Businesses Not Currently in Youngstown

Movie Theater
Bicycle Shop
Garden Supply Center
Plant Nursery
Health Food Store
Sporting Goods Store
Shoe Store
New Car Dealership
Chocolate Candy Store
Fabric & Sewing Supplies Store
Hardware Store
Camera Shop
Lighting Fixtures Shop
Appliance Store
Consumer Electronics Store (tvs, recorders, vcrs, i-pods, radios, phones, dvds..etc)
Furniture Store
Roller Skating Rink
Pet Store
Hobby Shop
Boat Dealer
Musical Instruments Store
Bait & Fishing Tackle Store