News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Local Newspaper Creates Problems

Started by jay, July 20, 2016, 05:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicholas Serra

Anybody else call? I called. Maybe i'll call again.

jay

The ad bags were thrown around our neighborhood again this past weekend.

A neighbor suggested that we gather up the ad bags and throw them on the newspaper company's driveway.

Nicholas Serra

jay

Our neighborhood was hit again over the weekend.  The ad bags are on almost every driveway.

Nicholas Serra

I talked to someone at the vindicator about this today.

Irishbobcat

Wow...they deliver ad bags in Y-town? I can't even get my regular newspaper delivered here in Struthers.....still waiting for today's paper....maybe tomorrow?

jay

I just picked up a few more of these ad bags in my neighborhood. 

Distributing the ad bags by just throwing them at the end of a driveway is littering.

jay

QuoteAny idea who to talk to?

I'm going to ask the newspaper delivery man.  He may know who tosses the ad bags and who to call.

Nicholas Serra

I was actually gonna call about this. It's pissing me off. Any idea who to talk to?

jay

A practice of the local newspaper is creating problems.  The newspaper distributes an ad bag by throwing them at the end of the driveway.

These ad bags are often thrown on the driveways of vacant homes.  Because a home is vacant, the ad bag just lies on the driveway for days.  All this does is announce to criminals that the home may be empty.

On windy days, the ad bags blow around the neighborhood and become litter.