News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Christmas Parade - Friday, December 4

Started by jay, November 19, 2015, 09:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

jay

Peggy Gurney

It sure does!  I think I like this tree more than many trees in years past.

~ Normal is overrated ~

cc4

I marched in the parade and thought the crowd was quite impressive.  Although there were

activities beginning at 4:30, the actual parade didn't step off until an hour later.

I don't have any actual numbers on attendance, but I think there were more

parade participants this year.  And the tree looks beautiful.

Peggy Gurney

I heard there were not as many people in attendance as last year.
Any confirmation on that?

I do know that at the time the festivities were to begin - 4:30 pm  - north side kids were still departing school buses.
If their parents were still at work, they may not have been able to attend.

~ Normal is overrated ~

iwasthere

Quote from: jay on December 05, 2015, 06:03:21 AM7
If the new on-street parking proposal had been in effect, everyone attending the parade would have had to pay to park on the streets of downtown Youngstown.  The parking proposal will hurt attendance at future parades and other events.
you can thank Mike McGiven and Anthony donofrio for no free parking in the New year.

jay

If the new on-street parking proposal had been in effect, everyone attending the parade would have had to pay to park on the streets of downtown Youngstown.  The parking proposal will hurt attendance at future parades and other events.

jay

It was a very nice parade.
Even the Boardman Band was in it.

Rushblvd

iwasthere Drones are prob. banned from the downtown area-since they require parking and nobody is there to put money into the meters for them  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:-So they get No Free Parking

iwasthere

I am going to be at home watching the parade via drone

Rushblvd

I love a parade-- :) :)-  I Will be walking with St. Pat's in the parade--Hope to see everyone downtown 8)

jay

I will also attend but I will only be watching.

cc4

I plan to be in the parade with at least two groups.  It's usually great fun!

jay

Christmas Parade
in Downtown Youngstown

Friday, December 4, 5:30 p.m.

- Location -
East Federal Street
Downtown Youngstown

also
Tree Lighting at 6:30 p.m.