News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

WRTA Coupons In The November 2015 Issue Of Market Magazine

Started by jay, November 06, 2015, 09:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Jay, all my life, I've lived on pennies, settled for third best, shopped at Goodwill type stores, and have little to show for the 76 years I've lived here. You sir are a millionare when compared to me. Every day that I get up in the morning, I'm just one step away from becoming a street person. My whole existence is dependent on one friend literally, and should anything ever happen to him, I would be lost. Those are the cold hard facts that I have to live with, and I'm not alone. I suspect that if the truth were told, a good half the people my age in this city are in the same boat. We can not afford to dine out at restaurants, or play bingo, or even shop at the local farmers markets. For many of us, our groceries come from Second Harvest Food Bank.
All that being said, and it's more than I especially like to talk about, I do understand where the home owners of this city are coming from. Ninety percent of the burden for maintaining this city falls on a dwindling number of people, and that is not fair to be sure, but the one thing that you forget is the fact that 75% of the city dwellers that live in apartments are living in Section 8 housing either operated by the Metropolitan Housing Authority, or some private company that has similar developments, and most of the residents don't have a pot to piss in. Where are they going to get the disposable cash to "pay their fair share"?
What then is the alternative? Fortunately come the end of the month, all my bills have been paid. I owe no one, so I don't have bill collecters harassing me for their money, but I also have next to nothing to put away for a rainey day. Would you extract the last few dollars I have from me? Let me tell you this, if the $25.00 that I have in my bank balance at the end of the month would ease your burden, then you are welcome to it.
Finally, let me say this, there isn't a single person on mahoningvalley.info that would so much as lift a single finger to come to me and ask me how they could help me, like seeing to it that I got to the store once or twice a month, and most of you don't give a damn about me one way or the other. That is also a reality that I live with, like it or not. If that is a reality for me, why should I care for anyone here? Why should I or anyone else in my position care for others? Just as you don't owe me a single thing, I don't owe you anything in return.

jay

I wish you would have attended the Sanitation Fund town hall meeting.  You would have heard many elderly women on fixed incomes complain that this proposal will take needed money from their meager pensions.

Towntalk

Look at it this way Jay ... with all the sub-standard homes torn down, property values will go up,  Your investment will be worth more when you put it on the market, but as an apartment dweller, I'll not have that advantage. You'll have pockets full of money, but all I'll have is my pension.

jay

Speaking of discrimination

As an apartment dweller, you will not be paying into the mayor's Sanitation Demolition Enterprise Fund.  I and other home owners will unfortunately have to pay the financial burden that apartment residents will avoid.

Towntalk

>:(  This magazine is sent only to single family dwellings. They will NOT send them to apartment complexes such as mine. We are not good enough for them. Therefore I resent the publicity that Jay is giving to a publication that discriminates based on where a person lives!  >:(

SHAME ON YOU JAY!

jay

WRTA Buy-Ten-Get-Five-Free coupons are in the November 2015 issue of Market Magazine.  The magazine arrived in the U.S. Mail this week.