News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

7th Ward's City Council Candidate

Started by jay, December 07, 2014, 09:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Quote from: PD on December 08, 2014, 06:05:29 PM
Nate is a good person and could be a good councilman if he stops going along with  Tarpley and Gillam

You mean "Tar-pit" (stuck on herself) and "Gilligan's Island"?  (In a world of their own, out of touch with
reality.... and outdated....)

The Gillam dynasty needs to end - the sooner the better.  Tarpley needs to go also.  I'm an independent who
Votes according to track record, reputation of a candidate.  IF I WERE a Republican running against Gillam(s)
I would ask voters if they REALLY want to see them circumvent term limits by doing the husband/wifey trick.

I would also ask the voters to look at Gillams' and Tarpley's list of accomplishments and what have they
done to help their wards during their tenure in office.

Peggy Gurney

He's very cooperative with his neighborhood associations, and businesses, as well as parks. He has both Wick Park and Crandall Park in his ward.
And he pushed hard with the Federal gov't to hurry along the financial approval to resurface Fifth Ave.  It wasn't slated to be resurfaced until next year, but he got it pushed up a year.
Very good man.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Nate is one of the best 3rd ward councilmen in my memory that goes all the way back to 1950 ..,. 64 years.

PD

The point I was trying to make is that Nate doesnt need Tarpley and Gillam. He is strong enough on his own, smart and an all aroind good guy

Towntalk

The folks in the 3rd Ward are very happy with Nate and when I was living on the North Side I had some good dealings with him. The problem as I see it is that folks that don't live in the 3rd ward think that they know more about him than those who do. If you can't vote for or against him, then your views don't count. Because I moved away from the 3d Ward in April, aside from the above view, I trust the 3rd Ward voters to use their good judgement.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: PD on December 08, 2014, 06:05:29 PM
Nate is a good person and could be a good councilman if he stops going along with  Tarpley and Gillam and Rodgers all the time

Well, if we get rid of Tarpley and Gillam next year, that's 1/2 the battle right there.

~ Normal is overrated ~

PD

Nate is a good person and could be a good councilman if he stops going along with  Tarpley and Gillam and Rodgers all the time

There are only 450 or so registered republicans in the city of Youngstown
250 of them are registered in the 5th ward
Plato Kalfas ran as a republican ran against Paul Drennen in 2011
Drennen won with 89+% of the vote
I don't see republicans winning but many some very strong independents
And I mean very strong

Towntalk

No, but the word is that a communist will throw in his hat in the 4th ward, as well as an athiest who hates Xmas.

jay

Are the republicans going to run candidates in the ward races next year?

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Bah Humbug and balderdash to the west side.

Peggy Gurney

I don't want anyone to run against Nate Pinkard either.
We all like him.

~ Normal is overrated ~

PD

I hope a lot of people run in every ward except the 4th. Mike does a good job and is fresh
I'd like to see more people with some common sense

Peggy Gurney

Didn't say the 6th was a done deal.  I just hope Vicky runs for Tarpley's seat and wins it.
~ Normal is overrated ~

iwasthere

the sixth is not a done deal. there are people that are thinking abt running  for this seat that were part of the former seventh ward. these people are very active in the community and they will be breath of fresh air that are not worried abt their political careers.