News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Green Energy will come from Fracking"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, February 10, 2013, 08:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

I just read about "solar sand silos" now being used in fracking, they are being used at the Gulport "Gusher" wells down in Belmont county, the pictures are impressive.

Towntalk

Bu the way, it was Nikola Testa who was the father of AC Current.
Tesla started working in the telephony and electrical fields before emigrating to the United States in 1884 to work for Thomas Edison. He soon struck out on his own with financial backers, setting up laboratories/companies to develop a range of electrical devices. His patented AC induction motor and transformer were licensed by George Westinghouse, who also hired Tesla as a consultant to help develop an alternating current system.

Youngstownshrimp

The reason why Global energy companies are storming this area and region with billions, drilling rigs and pipelines, is the world  professionals and the educated know green energy is not here yet to satisfy the demand.  Locals do not realize nor comprehend the high technology that is rushing in even though they see V&M star rise like the Phoenix.  My father-in-law, one of the last cranemen at Sheet and Tube, could not believe the return of the steel mill, but he understood it before he died this year.
Another 1.9 billion has just been announced to build additional MIDSTREAM infrastructure in Ohio today, Global money is invested wisely.  Only stimulus money was invested in Green energy and lost billions from us taxpayers.  You cannot force technology before its time.

Towntalk

Thank you Ron, but it was Edison who was pushing DC while Westinghouse was pushing AC while Rockafeller was pushing kerosene. The whole story is quite interesting, and reflects the current battle between Green energy verses shale/ng.

DC current was not only the most costly, but limited in the area that it would be used. A city the size of Youngstown would require 8 to 10 power stations to supply electricity to homes, and more to supply industry, while AC required one main station and maby one or two substations to fill all electric needs both domestic and industrial king it more economic.

By the way, green energy is DC (Direct Current) and would not be able to supply the needs of V&M Star Steel which uses huge amounts of electricity in the production of steel. Add to that other local companies that depend on electricity in production.

Rick Rowlands

Dennis, please don't use toxic chemicals in your house, please.   See how long you can survive without toxic chemicals.

irishbobcat

Ron, just don't use toxic chemicals to frack with......ok?

Youngstownshrimp

TT just wrote about a great historic evolution in energy.  Edison wanted AC verses DC for the newly discovered electric power.  Rockefeller wanted kerosene not electric to light our nights.
We now are at a crossroads again in history but it is not NG verses Green energy.  It is US NG verses Mideast oil.  Those who educate themselves know the laws of thermodynamics and that green energy cannot sustain the world's consumption of energy today.  Yes there is theory that if we do this and do that, basically subsidize it.  World capitalism don't work like that "Homie."  Basically if you want green energy, you pay for it's development, otherwise free enterprise will bring it in when the economics works and only that.
However, high tech drilling will in the interim produce enough revenue for the US and scientist will benefit with more funding in their studies of green energy.  This writer is a strong advocate of green energy and I know I cannot speak for Rick, but I believe he of all people is for green energy too, he is just so advance technically that as I, he understands it is not here yet.  Even now advances are being made towards green from the energy concerns.  If you noticed several weeks ago, an Ohio upstart built a machine that absorbs the excess pressure of drilling deep and recycles it into green energy.  This company is now selling these machines to the drilling companies for $20,000 a piece.
The world's state-of-the-art today is horizontal drilling, to produce the cleanest abundant energy ever seen by man.  This energy is most likely an interim before us earthlings figure out the harvesting of the force of gravity.  In my belief gravity will one day be the cleanest of energy and will set man free from fossil fuels.  But until then, thank God for NG and thank him for it being found right underneath Eastern Ohio.  This region as it once did with oil, will fund the next generations search for green energy.  Our generation may not see it, but boy what an exciting time it would be for the future ones.  Advances will be made that will completely blow our minds.
I'll leave you with this, it was only yesterday when a phone had to be attached to a structure, today we have them in our pockets, the communicator was once foretold.