News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

7th Ward's City Council Candidate

Started by jay, December 07, 2014, 09:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

No, Vicky can't run for the 7th ward seat because she' now lives in the 6th ward due to the new boundaries.
I wouldn't be surprised if she runs for Janet Tarpley's seat though.
~ Normal is overrated ~

PD

Youngstown warren black caucus

Don't be suprised if there isn't a major push from them
I heard Victoria Turnage Allen is going to run in the 7th ward.
It's not necessarily about who a group of people likes but it's about if the people will step up and work for that candidate

I have seen many favorites lose because they assumed they had it in the bag

We witnessed that with the ward reduction.  Many people, the same people that said travers will win also thought the reduction would win but in the end only a handful of people actually stepped up and did the work

Mike Write and Julius Kingsly Oliver in the first ward
Tj Rodgers second ward
Nate Pinkard and Rick Alli 3 rd ward
Mike Ray and no one so far in the 4th ward
5th ward so far about 8 people have expressed interest. 5th ward picked up a nice portion of the west side and lost a big portion of the south side.
Idora and Indian trails in the 5th but these areas have been built up nicely
6th ward Anita Davis and someone else

Towntalk

For those of us who don't know what WYBC is, PLEASE CLARIFY or is this some deep dark secret that people are terrified of identifying for fear of becoming a victim of some vandetta or bodily injury, and what does it have to do with the 7th Ward? I think that the people of the 7th have enough God given intelligence to see through the fog of politics and do not need outsiders telling them who they should or should not vote for.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: jay on December 08, 2014, 05:20:34 AM
Chris was one of the spokespersons for the ward reduction ballot issue.  The WYBC may organize against him.

That is a possibility.

~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

Chris was one of the spokespersons for the ward reduction ballot issue.  The WYBC may organize against him.

Towntalk

It's not who enters first ... it's the candidate that emerges triumphant in the 2015 Primary.
Merry Christmas my friend.

PD

There is still a lot of time. Let's see who gets in the race first.

Towntalk

Sue is a North Sider PD, so she is no threat to Chris who has as Peggy has said has a great reputation in the 7th Ward where it will count. Further, he has the respect of all the businesses in the 7th Ward.

Peggy Gurney

Yep.  She had all of her anti-fracking people behind her.

Chris will be running for the 7th ward council seat, where he lives, and is well-known, respected, and loved.
IF anyone runs against him, I'm sure he'll win by a landslide.

~ Normal is overrated ~

PD

He ran for prez of council right?  Didn't Susie B get more votes than him?

Towntalk

Peggy Gurney

Yes, he posted on Facebook a week or so ago that he was closing his website to redesign it and will be back in January with , hopefully, an important announcement.
If that is what I HOPE it is, then city council will be getting one of the best men in this city.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Found this on Chris' facebook site:

Just a word that the T4Y blog will be undergoing some remodeling for a while. Expect it to come back in 2015. Probably with an important announcement.

Peggy Gurney

I hope Chris Travers runs for that seat.

~ Normal is overrated ~

PD