News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New Shelters For Transit Riders

Started by jay, July 30, 2015, 08:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

A good stout corsit would set that aright.  :laugh: :laugh:

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Towntalk on October 30, 2015, 11:31:15 AM
Thank you Peggy for the actual photographs of the WRTA shelters. I sure would not like to use one of them in the dead of winter.

Or in the heat of summer!  OUCH!
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Thank you Peggy for the actual photographs of the WRTA shelters. I sure would not like to use one of them in the dead of winter.

Peggy Gurney

On Belmont Ave in front of the VA Outpatient Clinic.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

Here is a photo of the new bus shelters.  This is at YSU on Fifth and Armed Forces Blvd.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

,,, and they are silver, not black.

They actually look very nice. The only thing that I am hearing in a negative context from bus riders is that the bench is metal, and is cold to sit on. And this is only Fall. I can imagine how cold they're going to be in the dead of winter.............. and how hot they'll be to sit on in the summer.

Imo, they didn't think it out well enough.

~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

The shelter in the photo is not exactly like the ones that are being installed by the WRTA.

The new shelters have a bench seat that extends from the right side to the middle.  The open space to the left of the bench seat is for a wheel chair to park.

The bench seat will accommodate two people.  A semicircular hoop is positioned in the middle of the seat.  What is the purpose of the hoop?  The purpose of the hoop is to prevent anyone from lying down on the bench seat.

AllanY2525

This will encourage more ridership - even in clement weather.

Peggy Gurney

That photo is similar to the new shelters but doesn't have the bench inside. The shelters they're actually installing will have a bench.

The first new shelter will replace the existing shelter near the VA outpatient clinic on Belmont Ave.  Yay!
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

:'( No place for a senior citizen, or handicappede person to sit while they wait for the bus.  :'( :'(

jay

jay

In about three weeks the WRTA will begin to replace many of the older bus rider shelters.  Look for some of the shelters to be installed in new locations.