News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Three Candidaters For Mayor So Far

Started by jay, December 07, 2012, 08:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

The Truth Be Told

The politicians in Youngstown, from top to bottom are nothing more nor less than so many maggots crawling over the bloated and putrefied carcass of a once proud city, and the stench is enough to make a decent God fearing citizen gag.

None of the current gaggle of political maggots has the best interest of the city, and sadly, that's not likely to change any time soon, and the sooner we get our heads out of the fluffy clouds, and see things as they are, and not what we would like them to be, the better we'll all be.

Get rid of all the roaches in city and county government, and we'll see real recovery.

Youngstownshrimp

Towntalk,
I'm impressed and humbled that you wish my decision to vacate Youngstown be reversed.  It is the lack of serious true Mayoral leadership which has motivated me to flee Youngstown.......not to mention a gun literally to my head.
Concerning the Wick mansion for sale.........I hope I do not exude a taste of luxury in my selection of an abode?
Thank you for the thought.

iwasthere

Quote from: irishbobcat on December 28, 2012, 05:05:04 PM
Has anyone ran for mayor with a track record of accomplishments?
if you are talking about the 2013 possible candidates. come let us see, brown looking the other way as a mycap board member when roller, the director was stealing thousands of dollars or jm was cty com faxing(253) the cafaro corp info concerning the old ss hospital during the purchasing of the hospital. are these such  accomplishments we should be proud of for mayoral material?

irishbobcat

Has anyone ran for mayor with a track record of accomplishments?

iwasthere

maggy lorenzi the ind canditate in 2005 gave williams and hagen a run for thier money when it came to the acknowledgement to the city day to day operations. she stumpped them many times during the several debates in the q/a periods during the general elections when she had to correct them on thier half baked answers.

Towntalk

Ron: Found the perfect home for you.

Features & Amenities of 3251 Logan Way

Circular driveway leads to Frank Lloyd Wright inspired contemporary home built by the Wick family. Enter thru foyer with stone walls & floor. Open and airy with walls of windows in the 2 story reception area & fam.rm. FR has mahogany paneling w/ fireplace. 1000 sq ft flagstone patio. Living Rm has teak floors w/ a custom copper fire hood above FP & private service bar rm with a window opening to patio. Kitchen has stainless steel Viking stove and sub zero fridge also some Granite countertops. Huge 22 x 16 Eating area & breakfast bar. First floor bed with handicap accessible full bath with heated seat in shower. First floor laundry. Circular grand staircase leads to Huge master bed. w/ gas FP,Walkin closet off mtr bath. 3 Very large beds and 2 full baths, complete the 2nd floor. Lots of hardwood floors. Hot tub, greenhouse, 2 ponds, stream, apple orchard. 3 car heated gar w/ 1/2 bath and basement. Lots of Privacy here!

And only $327,900.00.

jay

PK is an independent voter.  If he chooses to run for an office as an Independent candidate, he would not have to run in the primary where the Democratic candidates (and Republicans if there were any) would slug it out.

Towntalk

Please sir, share with us your infinite wisdom and tell us who would get you so stirred up as mayor that you would be enticed to move back to Youngstown.

Youngstownshrimp

Some residents? 
Kidd wants to be Mayor.  His groupies are just following his wishes.  He as the others are unqualified and has no track record in anything significant.

jay

Some residents of Youngstown want Phil Kidd to run for mayor.

www.facebook.com/PhilKiddForMayor

jay

Having an independent candidate for mayor is highly unlikely.  An independent candidate would not have an organizational structure for support and would probably have to collect far more nominating signatures than the two major parties' candidates.  The election system is stacked against an independent candidate for any office.

Towntalk

;) ;) At my time in life  :) so far as I'm concerned  :laugh: since only one of the people running is worth a plug nickle  ;D I really couldn't care less  ::):laugh: The whole lot in city government are as useless as moldy pumpkin pie or stale bread.  :P :P

irishbobcat

There may be three candidates now, but the Democratic Party Chair will no doubt pick the candidate and there will be only one
name on the ballot by primary day.....

Towntalk

With so many tossing their bowler's (English for Derby hat) into the ring whoever ultimately gets the nod will get it with a low percentage of the total vote.

jay

One rumor is that Janet Tarpley might run for mayor.