News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Governor Kasich campaign and Ohio's schools....

Started by AllanY2525, February 11, 2016, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Quote from: iwasthere on February 14, 2016, 07:28:40 AM
I doubt kasich will acknowledge that the Ohio charter schools are a failure for the Ohioans children.

LOL... you're probably right... but then people are finding out about it without him.

iwasthere

I doubt kasich will acknowledge that the Ohio charter schools are a failure for the Ohioans children.

AllanY2525

Quote from: Irishbobcat on February 13, 2016, 08:44:24 AM
Kasich wants to dismantle the public school system in Ohio....He would love to eventually turn all schools into charter schools and terminate teacher unions.

With the recent scandal coming to light regarding the charter schools,  he might have a problem with that........

Irishbobcat

Kasich wants to dismantle the public school system in Ohio....He would love to eventually turn all schools into charter schools and terminate teacher unions.

cc4

To paraphrase one of Kasich's remarks, I'd say, "If you're terrible governor,

look for another job...".  He has never been a friend to educators, and his

actions in supporting charter schools (as an ALEC Republican) and in taking

over the Youngstown schools only prove his erroneous thinking.  I'm not

surprised to know that Ohio's ranking has fallen to such a degree under his

watch.  I bet his deceased father who was a postal worker is turning over in

his grave at his son's antics.

AllanY2525

I read an interesting article in the Washington Post the other day about Kasich's campaign, and
the condition of the school system in Ohio.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2016/02/10/the-education-mess-in-ohio-under-gov-john-kasich/

Thoughts, anyone ??