News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"How Phil Kidd can secure the black vote"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, January 11, 2013, 10:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Who would run the store?  I think Phil has plans to expand Youngstown Nation, and if he runs for office he would have to give up on that dream.

Why?Town

Why goad someone into doing it? Even if you succeed, how much effort will they put towards something they don't really want to do?

Towntalk

LOL ... We need to spice things up a bit, and a "Run Phil Run" rally might just do the trick ...

irishbobcat

This mayor's race is shaping up to be as exciting as watching paint dry. :laugh:

ytowner

I live in Austintown, but I am supporting McNally for Mayor and expect he will win handily.

Towntalk

Suggestion

Lets get a bunch of folks to demonstrate in front of Phil's store with signs ... WE WANT PHIL FOR MAYOR ... RUN PHIL RUN ... PHIL FOR MAYOR ... GIVE PHIL A CHANCE

The more the better. The media will bring their camera and insist on interviewing Phil. It will be great ... it will be wonderful. We can also hold a Phil For Mayor fundraiser at the Pig Iron Press.

And joy will reign supreme in the hearts and souls of the people.

And in the event he says no, no, a thousand times no, the money can be turned over to Save the Pig Iron Press.

irishbobcat

Independents I believe have until August to file......and he'll need a few hundred signatures.....

Towntalk

A very short window is open for him to file ... but ... if his supporters were to start calling all the local talk shows ... and I mean all ... especially 570 Radio WKBN which has a larger listener base than louie-b-free, we might just see how much support he could get, and if enough did call, it might inspire Mike, Rivers or Verb to have him on as a guest so we could voice our view.

northside lurker

Quote from: Towntalk on February 03, 2013, 10:43:22 AM
Back to Mr. Kidd... Apparently City Council listens to Phil given the number of times he's addressed them, but so far we haven't heard anything from him personally so how do we know if he's really interested in running. Could someone actually approach him and get a definitive answer? We do a lot of speculation pro and con, but until we have that definitive answer from him personally all it is is pure speculation with no substance.

Phil has said a number of times he doesn't want to run for mayor.  But I think he would consider doing so, if enough people show support for the idea.  I have talked with him personally about this.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

Back to Mr. Kidd... Apparently City Council listens to Phil given the number of times he's addressed them, but so far we haven't heard anything from him personally so how do we know if he's really interested in running. Could someone actually approach him and get a definitive answer? We do a lot of speculation pro and con, but until we have that definitive answer from him personally all it is is pure speculation with no substance.

northside lurker

Quote from: Towntalk on February 03, 2013, 09:57:48 AM
I agree, but can it compare to upper Fifth Avenue or the Crandall Park district. Remember my friend, I spent my high school years living on Halls Heights, so I do know a little about that area and they had some very nice people there, but lets face it mansions the houses weren't.

We're getting off-topic, and I apologize for that.  This will be my last post on the subject.

They are different neighborhoods.  I'm moving to the Wick Park neighborhood largely because I like the architecture better.  But, I'm not aware of anything on the north side that compares to Fellows Gardens, either.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Youngstownshrimp

Let me get back on topic here, in my store yesterday some Youngstowners stopped by to kibbits, here is the pulse of Youngstown and Kidd.
Many felt that Kidd's defense of Youngstown and the frustration of the youth when Kidd dropped into town resulted in this movement of defending a City spiralling into a wasteland.  Even Williams got a free entrance into Mayorship promising he knows how to fix it.  Today, it is all different, Youngstown no longer needs defending and "money' is only starting to pour in, we have not seen but a trickle yet.  This year will start the massive economy that we are ground zero in, and energy knowledge will be the name of the game for the new generation, not defending Youngstown.  Therefore our children and heirs are now secure once again.  Community organizing and protesting anti-frackers are the remnants of once upon a time.........Phil Kidd is older now and he is being pushed aside by the new energy nerds coming out of college.

Towntalk

I agree, but can it compare to upper Fifth Avenue or the Crandall Park district. Remember my friend, I spent my high school years living on Halls Heights, so I do know a little about that area and they had some very nice people there, but lets face it mansions the houses weren't.

northside lurker

Quote from: Towntalk on February 02, 2013, 08:52:06 AM
:)  He could always move to the west side garden district. I hear that it's one of the swankiest parts of town.

It is one of the city's great neighborhoods!
--Thomas Edison

Why?Town