News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

LANSINGVILLE PARADE

Started by kenneyjoe330, May 31, 2013, 10:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

kenneyjoe330

I did not see anyone taking the video - Thank You  :-*  Thank You  :-*  Thank You  :-*  It was nicely done  :)  Towntalk ! ! !
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELPED "MAKE IT HAPPEN" FROM THIS FORUM  :-*

GOD BLESS YA ALL  :-*

iwasthere

i will only support candidates that show up at these parades and not their representatives. the mayor could care less about his community. his only concern is to be reelected to the poc position to continue the ole boys's club in thecit hall.

jay

Speaking of candidates, mayoral candidates John McNally and Frank Bellemy attended.

President of Council candidates Chris Travers and Susie Beiersdorfer were in the parade.  POC candidate Sammarone was AWOL.

Billy Mumphrey

Kudos to the organizers of this year's parade. It looks like their were more participants as well as more spectators along the route. The picnic at the end of the route at the old Adams school was very nice. One question, why didn't the mayor attend?

Billy Mumphrey

Will this parade remind some of the stormy Campbell Parade a few years back?

jay

What are the parade rules regarding candy distribution?

kenneyjoe330

The 12th LANSINGVILLE PARADE AND GATHERING
will be
SUNDAY - - - JUNE 30, 2013
Staging will begin after 12:30 PM at ST. MATTHIAS and leaving 1:15 PM for the Gathering at ADAMS SCHOOL
Jim Sutman will be our Grand Marshel
Hope to see YOU there for a nice little old fashioned Patriotic Time ! ! !

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on June 03, 2013, 08:54:46 PM
It's sad that folks on other sides of town do not have events such as this to celebrate their history. There are, to be sure events, but none that can compare to the Lansingville Parade. Bringing people together for a joyous event in an otherwise troubling city is something to be strived for, and does more to break down barriers than anything else.
tt every yr ytown townfolks are invited to this  fourth of july celebration.

kenneyjoe330

Thanks Towntalk - I think it is great to gather together and break a little bread and the ol dog  :laugh: I LOVE to tell everyone "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US"  :laugh:
Not mentioning any names but a staunch forum member has had his personal firetruck in the parade for quite a few years now and of course it is ALWAYS A HIT with kids and adults too  8) !

sfc_oliver

Kennyjoe, you should call Lowellville and see what it would take to get their old firetruck...
536-6415.

I would volunteer our Legion Color Guard but we have too much happening in the next 2 months.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

It's sad that folks on other sides of town do not have events such as this to celebrate their history. There are, to be sure events, but none that can compare to the Lansingville Parade. Bringing people together for a joyous event in an otherwise troubling city is something to be strived for, and does more to break down barriers than anything else.

kenneyjoe330

Once finalized all Lansingville related office holders and those running for office  will be invited - Councilman, Mayor, State and Federal Congressmen.  Sponsored mainly by Purple Cat and Royal Oaks it is a sincere HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US  :-* UNITED STATESERS !
Thank you iwasthere for your most gracious comments ! ! !
Thank you also Towntalk - it isn't only me  :)  it is the MANY OTHERS that MAKE IT  :-*  THE GREAT DAY IT IS ! ! !  8)
Like people that have  COOL FIRE TRUCKS  8) :laugh: 8)  TOO ! ! !

iwasthere

this parade is the nicest fourth of July parade that i attend every summer. the ytown officials should be in it every yr but they do not participate in this fdly neighborhood parade. the next new mayor should make this his top priority that he and all his adm staff must walk in this  patriotic parade while he is ytown mayor.

Towntalk

:)  And as usual, it will be a fantastic event  :)  and a deeply felt thanks for your hard work  :)  .