News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Joe DeMare excluded from the senate debates again

Started by Zippy, October 19, 2016, 11:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

In Youngstown, the Republicans do not even run an opposition candidate for the position of mayor, president of council or councilman.

iwasthere

one will have a snowball of a chance to win . if the individual(s) have an opportunity to express their ideas on an equal playing field with the two major political parties. what are the two major political parties afraid of any minor political parties candidates to partake in any political debates. the local political forums esp in the black churches invite ALL candidates that are running for elected offices.

cc4

I agree with kenneyjoe that if we really want change in government, we can't be restricted by candidates offered by

only the two existing parties.  And the way things are set up now, we rarely have the opportunity to hear from

the minor party candidates as they are often excluded from debates.  The recent debate held by a local

television channel is proof of this.

kenneyjoe330

That IS the problem with this country - a Third Party is never given a chance because the two major parties exclude anyone else.  The two primary parties say "you are throwing away your vote" if you vote for a party other than them - when IN FACT if more people HEARD from other parties then more people would vote for the third party and take away votes from the two major parties.  Two parties worked well enough in my grandfather's day (I am over 70 years old).  Today these two parties are in fact a monopoly and play off each other to the exclusion of any attempt by other parties.  I can remember when Ma Bell was IT in the phone business - now how many phone companies are there ?  I am sure you have gotten as many calls as anyone else about gas and electric providers.   Our choices are endless in almost anything you can think about but when it comes to politics it appears - thanks to people of your persuasion - you should only have two choices.   

Rick Rowlands

Nobody is going to waste time on someone that doesn't have a snowballs chance of winning. 

Zippy

Zippy

Joe DeMare, a senate candidate from the Green Party, was not permitted to debate Ted Strickland and Rob Portman at station WBNS  in Columbus, Ohio.

Joe's comments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4n7ULAr6lU