News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New Garbage Trucks (8) Have Arrived

Started by jay, May 01, 2016, 09:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoyceFarrell

I have absolutely no problems with my trash ... Oh wait, living in a gated community we have a central location for our trash and 4 dumpsters so I do not have the problems that you have Jay, but as a senior citizen, I can appreciate what older folks have to go through in the winter time with the snow and all. Do you have someone who can help you? Have you ever brought the problem up in your neighborhood group about having some of the younger neighbors help the Senior Citizens in their neighborhood? Another idea would be for all the neighborhood groups to have a program to look out for the elderly in their neighborhood. A fall on an icy sidewalk could do permanent damage to an elderly person.

Irishbobcat

I have one as well and struggled with it on Tuesday night!!!!

jay

I find it very difficult to roll a heavy trash cart through the snow.  It is even harder try to place it on the devil strip that has a high mound of snow put there by the snow plow.

:'(

JoyceFarrell

Three cheers and a hot cup of Coco for that driver. Given how cold it was, he could have left them for the home owner to sort out. I'm sure that you also say "Job well done." A Merry Christmas to all those who clean the snow off our streets and pick up our trash.

jay

I noticed another problem with the new trash carts.  Overnight it was very windy in Youngstown.  Some of the trash carts in my area had been blown over by the high winds.  The trash truck driver had to exit his truck, place the dumped trash back into the cart and then re-position the cart so that the mechanical arm could pick it up.

iwasthere

Quote from: Irishbobcat on October 26, 2016, 12:31:20 PM
Move back to Y-town, I was there!!!!! Return to your sleep time only being disrupted by gunfire in your hood!!!!!
the last three summers were calm and collective until this summer when the ytown tore down three homes that butted up against the duplex that is when the midnight summer dream turned into a nightmare. :o

Irishbobcat

Move back to Y-town, I was there!!!!! Return to your sleep time only being disrupted by gunfire in your hood!!!!!

iwasthere

Quote from: Rushblvd on October 25, 2016, 05:56:07 AM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) I am so HAPPY that iwasthere is ok, since there is a response...
he is so well rested up due to the fact he has eight hrs of solid sleep without no interruption from loud and crazy neighbors.........that this has caused him to have insomnia. :o

Rushblvd

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) I am so HAPPY that iwasthere is ok, since there is a response...

iwasthere

the city council and current administration made a hasty decision on this matter.

Irishbobcat

You think there would have been some questions about the durability of these containers and the wheels before making such a purchase. More tax dollars wasted!

jay

QuoteThe city also wants to purchase more trash carts.

The director of the trash collection department wants to purchase 2,400 additional trash carts and 2,000 replacement wheels.

Why are so many wheels breaking????

jay

QuoteThe city now wants to purchase another new trash truck for the fleet

Cost -> $181,000

QuoteThe city also wants to purchase more trash carts.

Cost -> $115,000

Irishbobcat

That's why the major is robo-calling in favor of fracking....he needs fracking cash to pay for the always rising expenses of this program.....

jay

The city now wants to purchase another new trash truck for the fleet.
The city also wants to purchase more trash carts.

The cost of this program just keeps rising.