News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

7th Ward High Tech Town Hall

Started by Towntalk, November 20, 2015, 08:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

rushgal your suggestion is a good one but I leave these 7th wcc more uninformed then when I went to that evening due to the over the top censorship on questions submitted. I know one informed ytown resident refuses to attend the 7wcc town hall meetings due to the over the top censorship on submitted questions and no questions from the audiences without approval from the moderator. >:(

Towntalk

You're absolutely right Rushblvd about those Seniors who do not drive yet want to be active. If Chris could arrange to pair up a member with one or two of us Seniors who do nolt drive but want to attend that would be helpful/

Rushblvd

I missed the event and unfortunately heard the attendance was very low (though he got his picture on the inside) :)  Not sure how they can get the attendance up on a town hall meeting.. It seems that if its not an election, no one will come out-Heck look at the Covelli Ctr for the Sanitation hike..  Another thought is open up the questions to people who are unable to attend. Many of our elderly do not drive and will not come out at night. If weeks prior to the event if there was someway to contact them -(maybe phone call-city-watch)and see if they have questions for the officials-then they get there questions asked and then someone from the group takes back the answer to the individual.

Towntalk

All right Jay, just come right out and say it ... the only good people are those in the West Side and the rest of us are worthless lay abouts that are not worthy of being considered fit citizens. You are so negative about non West Siders that it's no wonder why so many people that use to be active here want nothing more to do with mahoningvalley.info. At least 10 members from the 7th ward have stopped posting here, and a number from the 3rd Ward have also stopped posting. Perhaps this site name should just be changed to reflect that it is a West Side site, remove all the catagories for the other sides of town, and other communities, and allow posts only after they have gone through a screening process to insure that undesirables could not post.

If this gets me kicked off this site, so be it.

jay

Excluding the city hall employees, how many attended this event?

Towntalk

What a Lulu, so the caption writter got Chris's name wrong. Are you so absolutely perfect that you don't make mistakes? I sure ain't nor do I profess to be perfect.

Towntalk

1. I do not buy The Vindicator so I did not see the caption.
2. The Front Page image is no longer available at Nuseum Front Page for that issue so I couldn't go back to review it.
3. NO ONE IN THE 7th WARD INCLUDING THE LEADERSHIP MENTIONED A MISTAKE SO WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL?
4. The NEW 5th Ward Council Lady was not only there but thought that the newspaper coverage was just fine.
5. JAY HAS MADE HIS VIEW OF The Vindicator QUITE CLEAR BY REFUSING TO MENTION THE PAPER BY NAME, SO HIS OPINION IS BIASED AT BEST.
6. Notice that his only comment about the event is to bash The Vindicator, and NOTHING POSITIVE about the event itself.
7. The 7WCC busted it's tail putting this event together and for their hard work they got great press - FRONT PAGE ABOVE THE FOLD no less.
8. We think that a certain West Sider is JEALOUS about this event and refuses to comment on the meat and potatoes of the article itself, the officials that were part of the panel, or th fact that Turning Technologies was there with it's equipment.
9. Finally, the whole BS about a Vindicator mistake that had absolutely nothing to do with the event itself is pure pettiness in the extreme.

jay

QuoteCould it be the caption under the picture?

Yes, it is the caption.

Our 7th ward promoter hasn't found the mistake.

iwasthere

Could it be the caption under the picture?

Towntalk

Instead of beating arounde the bush, why don't you just tell us what the big Vindicator mistake was and be done with it, ALL OF US IN THE 7th WARD were perfecdtly satisfied with it and really could care less about what OUTSIDERS think one way or the other. The fact that we had a very fine meeting that made the front page of the paper suits us just fine, and we know that you refuse to ever use the paper's name, is sufficient. It shows for one thing that the 7th Ward isn't just sitting on it's hands while the folks in the 4th and 5th try to make it seem as if they are the end all and be all of Youngstown, and unless it happens on those wards, it isn't worth even mentioning.

https://www.facebook.com/7thWardCitizensCoalition

jay

I'm surprised our south side residents didn't catch the big mistake in the newspaper's story about the 7th ward meeting.

What was the mistake?

AllanY2525

I think it's great that Turning Technologies had the opportunity to showcase their
audience feedback system.   

It's a great product.

cc4

Nice picture, I was there!  Hope you asked some good questions.   ;D

Towntalk

Report of the 7th Ward Town Hall Meeting as reported by The Vindicator.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/nov/20/high-tech-town-hall-youngstown/