News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

South Side Better Block (?)

Started by jay, October 03, 2015, 07:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I know of two church groups in Youngstown that make pierogies (pirohies) each week.  One church on your south side sells pierogies every Friday (today).

Towntalk

You got a friend on the South Side?  ::)  Shoot, I can spit in Boardman from my back door. So who in Youngstown makes pierogies any way? Me, gimmy a beer and a burger and I'm good to go.

jay

I hope this isn't true.

A friend from the south side thinks that the pierogies are being purchased from a Boardman store. 

Towntalk

REMINDER
THE MIDLOTHIAN BOULEVARD BETTER BLOCK
SUNDAY
OCTOBER 25, 2015
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
BETWEEN
Sheridan and Irma
ALSO SHOWING
BROWNLEE WOODS FALL CAR SHOW
and
TRUNK OR TREAT
for the children
STARTING AT 2:00 pm
at
FAITH COMMUNITY COVENANT CHURCH
PARKING LOT
East Midlothian Blvd. and Sheridan

iwasthere

Quote from: jay on October 21, 2015, 05:40:06 AM
I read on the internet that the Better Block event will have free pierogies.

I sure hope they purchase pierogies MADE IN YOUNGSTOWN.

BORN AND BRED IN YTOWN ;D

jay

I read on the internet that the Better Block event will have free pierogies.

I sure hope they purchase pierogies MADE IN YOUNGSTOWN.

iwasthere

it is October 25, 2015 from Irma ave to Sheridan blvd. the time is 10 am to 5 pm. come one and come all.

Towntalk

Maby you can have better luck in getting someone to offer to pick you up and take you to the event than I ever have. I've given up expecting any kindness from anyone.

jay

The West Side Better Block was held on one day only, Saturday, September 26.

The north side's Better Block was held on a Friday and Saturday.

Towntalk

Jay, come to think about it when the 4th Ward has a similar event, they had it two days ... a Saturday and a Sunday, so how did you get to the event on Sunday?

Towntalk

:'( :'( :'(  Saddly I was not consulted concerning the day  :'( :'( :'(  No one even bothered to ask me if they could pick me up for this event.  :'( :'( :'( I guess I'm not good enough for folks around here.  :'( :'( :'(

jay

It was never mentioned that October 25 is a Sunday.

If this better block was held on a Saturday, I would have taken a bus to it. 

Towntalk

You still didn't say "I'm sorry for missing your post on the 7th Ward Better Block event on the 25th." That makes me sad because I do try to post as many 7th Ward events that I can.

Towntalk

Jay, I already posted the 7th Ward Better Block event that will be held Oct. 25, 2015. I can not speak for the 6th Ward, but if you ask real nice iwasthere or rushblvd will kindly tell you what you need to know I'm sure. Have a great day my friend.