News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Last Post?

Started by Irishbobcat, July 27, 2014, 12:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Blushing all over the place, and i'm humbled. I've met some of the greatest people here, and while I may be harsh at times, it's only because I love this city so much, and hate seeing what's happening to it. It angers the hell out of me because I know what it could become once again if only the right people would step forward.
Our biggest hope is in the young people at YSU and not the current crop of political hacks (my Councilman excepted, because he is my hero, and always will be) that are palmed off on us by the local democratic party.
Mr. Ryan once told me: "Never lose that fire in your belly" in reference to my feelings about Youngstown, and another dear friend Clingon Jackson echoed those sentamates, and I can never let them down.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Irishbobcat on July 27, 2014, 03:41:18 PM
OK....this place would be lonely without you!!!!!!
:laugh:

I agree!

Hey TT, I can handle your aggressive style. Just be ready to take it too, without threatening to leave.  ;) ;)  ;)  ;)

~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

Glad you are sticking around, TownTalk... this forum would NOT be the same without
you, lady....

:D

Rick Rowlands

I quit!  Your pro fracking sign will be waiting for you in the median strip in front of the Tyler History Center!  :)

Irishbobcat

OK....this place would be lonely without you!!!!!!
:laugh:

Towntalk

My dear friend Dennis, and you are my friend, I was just in one of those funkey moods because some people just simply cannot handle the style of debate that I was trained to use. I'm not a gentle sort. For 20 years I dealt in confrontation aggressively which was why my daily newsletters were used not only by local talk show hosts, but also by a couple of nationally syndicated talkers.
Dan Ryan once told a caller who complained about my aggressiveness: "Don't throw her red meat and expect a polite and gentle response." when it came to controversial issues, because that will never happen.
As some here know, I do have a gentle side, and am not averse to showing it when it is appropriate, but to be perfectly honest in order to see that side of me you have to earn it.
No my friend, I'm not going away any time soon; so to my critics I say ...get use to it, and don't throw me raw red meat unless you want the sharp end of my tongue which is tempered only by the rules set forward by the owner of this web site, for it's because of my admiration and respect for her that I exercise a high degree of self control.

Irishbobcat

Did I read correctly that Towntalk is no more after her last post? So Sad.....

Now, when Ricky Rowlands announces his last post and leaves the forum I will walk naked down West Federal Street carrying a pro-fracking sign....