News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

A very long Summer

Started by sfc_oliver, July 26, 2014, 09:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

when will the usa start respecting the veterans? disgraceful actions.

sfc_oliver

Allan pass on my salute to your brother.

And i was contacted by the IG at Ft Benning this afternoon.

The Garrison chaplain wants my email so he can apologize to me and my family and to assure us that no one who answers the phones at the chapels on Ft Benning will ever turn down prayers for a family member...
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Peggy Gurney

So sorry that you had to go through this sfc_oliver.

May they both rest in peace.
~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

disgraceful.

My brother served 23 years in the U.S.A.F.

EDIT:  I forgot to mention that he (and his FAMILY) were in Panama back when
the **** hit the fan with Noriega.

He is a VETERAN.

sfc_oliver

It has been a very long summer. My half brother whom i had just met 2 years ago passed away in February.  His body was donated to OSU. They cremated his remains and sent them back to his daughter.

Then while waiting for his internment in his wifes grave our Daughter in Georgia passed away. She wanted her ashed interred with her husbands ashes in the vaults in the Ft Benning Cemetery.

All arrangements were made. Angie was to be placed with Allen on 17 July And Ralphs ashes were to be lowered into his wifes grave on the 19th.

Then the snag hit. The Ft Benning Chaplain refused to be there to say a prayer for Angie. The secretary claimed they don't do Family members. In 22 years on Active duty and in all these years in the American legion I had never heard of a Chaplain turning anyone down for a prayer.

I called an American Legion Post in Columbus Georgia and their Acting Chaplain confirmed that he would be there.

We drove back in time for my American Legion Post to conduct the Burial for Ralph. (He was a legionnaire).

And this morning I filed an IG (Inspector General) complaint against the Chaplain corps. Or at least the Secretary at Ft Benning. The Chaplain Corps mission Statement specifically mentions Family members.

This ole Sergeant still remembers how to fix something that's broken. Next guy who needs a Chaplain for 5 minutes at Ft Benning will have one available I'll bet.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>