News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Fracked by Liens

Started by irishbobcat, December 29, 2012, 07:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Dennis,
Let me address it this way, just as there is no factual proof anywhere that fracking from horizontal drilling contaminates the aquafer except through a contained accident or negligence, I would feel safe to wager that no landowner lost his farm from a bankrupt energy producer.
I will say this, just as my company is probably the first appointed by the Bankruptcy court to buy minerals separated from a landholder, anything is possible.

Rick Rowlands

A lien on leased property means that the lienholder would receive the revenue from the leased property, minus the royalties of course, until the lien is satisfied.  It does not encumber the land itself, as at no time does the leaseholder have any ownership rights to the land.

I read the article, clicked all the links, followed this as far as I could and I have not seen any concrete evidence that what they claim is true.  I do however, see the one word that does send up a red flag: "conceivably".   Whenever you see that word realize that the author is entering a world of theory and not reality.

irishbobcat

Ron, If you have info that counters this article, please provide it....thanks....

Youngstownshrimp

Dennis,
Wow! come on.........this is really way off the truth scale.  No way is this happening my friend.  I see a lot of anti fracking propaganda, but this one wins the cake.  As a consultant and land manager, this is not a possibility at all, it doesn't even make sense in the economic world.

jay

So the land owner may have to buy down the debt lien or risk losing their property through foreclosure.

:P

irishbobcat