News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

250,000+ Gallons And Counting

Started by jay, February 12, 2013, 09:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

What we deserve and what is reality are horses of two different colors as seen through the eyes of a color blind man. It's the process we have to work with, and will not change in the foreseeable future. We can dream our dreams all the live long night but come the dawn, nothing will have changed, except that we're one day older. We can engage in spirited debate, for the next ten years, but in the end will not have achieved our much desired goal without the secure blessings of Columbus and Washington.

iwasthere

ytown shrimp these gas and oil co. rec. tax abatements from the city thus the city schools and city residents lost out on the revenue generated from fracking to fix up th city. the d and l dirty behavior is not the first time. ytown will you go to the poland city leaders to convince them to frack in poland, oh. the residents in ytown deserves clean water and clean air with local controls, input and regulations with the assistance from thier local goverment, not civic leaders from columbus or wash. d.c.

Youngstownshrimp

[quote "if you want more control go to Columbus to change their minds". hey mayor "s" it is your administration and council reps that sold the city residents down the river by allowing the gas and oil co. come into the city to destroy our town for a few pieces of silver
Iwasthere, very disturbing that you as an educator should write that all of the industry is coming to Youngstown to destroy it.  It is like me saying I ate at a Gay owned restaurant and the food made me sick so now all of the Gay restaurants are out to get all patrons sick.  I think you owe the industry and apology.

Towntalk

iwasthere

tt i know that you are just reporting what you read in the vindy. it irkes me to no end that these ytown city leaders are acting like if they heard about d and l infractions for the first time.

Towntalk

I just don't have a stake in this cat and dog fight. Just citing what the mayor said for what it's worth.

iwasthere

tt your post sounds like the mayor was caught off totally with d and l actions. fyi the mayor and council were given numeous of documents from the anti fracking movement concerning d and l previous infractons but this mayor and this councl chosed to ignore the info from the anti fracking grps. so, i do not believe this more is shocked no surprised by this co.

Towntalk

The Lie:

D&L and its coordinated divisions utilize industry best practices in developing and producing oil and gas wells. From land leasing to end user sales of oil and natural gas, D&L management ensures:
·       Environmental accountability and responsibility
·       High safety standards for employees and our host communities
·       Full compliance with all state and federal regulations
·       Voluntary practices that exceed current laws and regulations for soil, water, air and minerals management
·       Industry leading innovation in all aspects of our operation

The Liar:

Towntalk

The Mayor said:

The Mayor said if the state and feds don't file criminal charges, the City Prosecutor will. And he questioned whether anything Lupo says is true.

"He's saying six times so, based on what he's done, his track record, I wouldn't believe too much this man said. If he said it was raining outside, I better go look out the window."

iwasthere

mayor sam is shocked and disappointed in d and l's behavior. he made numerous thoughtless remarks towards the anti fracking group by telling them, "if you want more control go to Columbus to change their minds". hey mayor "s" it is your administration and council reps that sold the city residents down the river by allowing the gas and oil co. come into the city to destroy our town for a few pieces of silver

Towntalk

jay

Today the Youngstown newspaper headline indicates that over 250,000 gallons of drilling waste were dumped into a city storm drain.

The Sammarone administration should not have invited/encouraged an industry that the administration does not have the ability to monitor or regulate.