News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Five Minutes With The Mayor (Special Location) - Tuesday, June 28

Started by jay, June 27, 2016, 05:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

kenneyjoe330

THANKS for the site - but had to give it up since it was still downloading after 5 minutes  :o - and just think I could have been talking to the mayor during that time ;D   So somewhere I saw he is going around town doing this?   If he come down South we will have to find someone with a BIG porch and a Porch Swing  :laugh: and serve beer and kolbusi tid bits and maybe some Irish Whisky and scones.  That should make good for several 5 minutes  ;)

jay

Rushblvd

jay

When "5 Minutes" is held at city hall, you sit across from the mayor at his desk.

In the garden setting, you would have sat on a bench next to the mayor's bench.

kenneyjoe330

How was this staged?  I always think of it like confession - very private and kind of personal  ::)   I wouldn't want someone two feet away breathing down my neck in 3 to 4 minutes.

jay

About 20 people attended this event.  The Rocky Ridge Neighborhood Association provided cold bottled water.

Some visitors took the opportunity to tour the monarch butterfly milkweed patch.

Rushblvd

Wondering if the Mayor had a crowd for this? Also, is this something all the neighborhood groups can do? I think this would be a good way for citizens that are unable to get downtown with 5 minutes with the Mayor to have their time with him.

iwasthere

this mayor does think outside the box when it comes to meeting the people in ytown. I cannot see any previous ytown mayors doing the samething with its populace.

jay

Why has the mayor taken his "5 Minutes" on the road?

When held at city hall, the administration has to pay for two security guards.  When held in a neighborhood, this cost is avoided.

jay

Five Minutes With The Mayor

Tuesday, June 28, 5:00 p.m.

- Location -
Rocky Ridge Community Garden
Next to 138 South Hazelwood Avenue
Youngstown, Ohio