News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Flu Season In The Mahoning Valley

Started by jay, December 28, 2012, 07:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

Thank you Towntalk, and others, for your kind thoughts and prayers! ! !   I can't even imagine the pain of being there or having a child die - and one so young.  Most of us can not afford to donate money however I do know prayers help!  May their memory be Eternal ! 

jay

There's a story on the local news today that a four year old Boardman boy may have recently died from the flu.

Towntalk

I never did trust St. E's. The care that my family got at North Side Hospital was always fantastic even in the most extreme cases ... the doctors there saved my Mother's life when she had congestive Heart failure, and when my Stepfather had incurable cancer and was there for a month, most of the time in a coma, the care that he got was above and beyond the call of duty. His room was always spotless ... the bed linen's were sparkling clean ... he was kept clean and shaved. After he passed away, the bills were very huge, but one day the bookkeeping department called mother to tell her that the remainder of the bill was paid in full.

Now mind you, mother was in the hospital four weeks with her heart problem, and Dad about the same amount of time so you can imagine what the total bill we owed was.

My heart goes out to the family you referred to kennyjoe, and are inmy prayers.

kenneyjoe330

Here is a true story that just happened earlier this morning.  I am fairly sure this is directly flu connected.   A friend and neighbor of about 30 years or so was taken to the hospital a week ago by ambulance because was in pain - latter finding out among other things that he had liver problems it was causing him great pain - they also found he had problems in his small colon - he didn't have the flu but he was very weak ! ! !   They wanted to operate on him but he was too weak to do so.  So they discharged him ! ! !  They called his wife - neither have a car or drive - she told them her son-in-law can be there between twelve and one - when he gets out of work.  She called her son-in-law and he said 'ok'.  She then went to call her husband and a lady answered the phone and said she was in this - his former room.  She called the desk and he was discharged and was in the waiting area on that floor.  It seems they took him to X-Ray and returned him to the waiting room on that floor and dressed him in the public bathroom on that floor.  He was home two days and again went was taken back bleeding from the rectum - he died this morning - a few hours after being admitted.  He did not have the flu but they NEEDED HIS BED and I am sure some one with the flu got it - I sure could be wrong - but they said they needed bed because of the flu.  St. E's Boardman Campus

jay

Because of the current flu outbreak, the city of Boston has declared a Public Health Emergency.

jay

I just heard on the TV news that the flu season in the Mahoning Valley is five weeks ahead of schedule and has not peaked.

We need to post some flu shot clinic information.

sfc_oliver

I think the flu shot has been proven to be fairly effective and if you get the shot and the flu it won't be as bad or last as long. I have gotten a flu shot every year and have had the flu once for 2 days. (Dec 30 and 31st 1987, mmy anniversary and new years eve)

But that's my own observation, My daughter is a Pediatric Nurse and she agrees .

You work in a hospital around patients who are already sick, many have their immune systems down and some probably have the flu.

Yes you should be required to get a flu shot for the protection of those you supposedly care for........
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

kenneyjoe330

I heard on PBS that a small hospital fired eight employees for NOT getting the flu shot it mandated.  One nurse worked at the hospital 22 years another 12 years or so - not all were nurses.  They even REQUIRED VENDORS to have 'the flu shot'... in my work I go into several hospitals on a daily bases - I could suppose you could call me a vendor since I deliver drugs that the hospital has order from our company.  I DO NOT WANT A FLU SHOT ! ! !  The PBS had an excellent pro and con story about this mandated rule for this hospital.
Do you think this hospital has a right to this ORDER of getting a flu shot or getting fired ? ? ? 

Why?Town

NO THANKS!

I am aware of half a dozen people that got the shot. Several of them have or recently had the flu.

jay

jay

It's flu season in the Mahoning Valley.

Have you had your flu shot this year?