News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New Sixth Ward Map

Started by jay, July 30, 2014, 05:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

7C to be exact. I figure that if I set off at 8:00 AM Primary Day, I should get to the polls by Noon, and after I cast my vote, I should get back home by 4:00 P.M. provided me little ol' walker holds out. I just hope it be a nice day cause if it ain't I may have to miss voting, and that would break my care worn heart. It would break an otherwise perfect voting record of 55 years started in 1960.

Peggy Gurney

New 6th ward map.

Looks like you're still in the 7th ward, TT.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Bless my wee little heart, I look forward to learning more from those 7th Ward canididates in the days to come, and come primary day, I'll dust off my walker and make the journey to the polls to cast my vote,bless my wee little self all to pieces. Unfortunately here in the 7th Ward, no one has come forward and offered me a ride to the polls so I'll just have to journey there all alone.

Towntalk

Fortunately I live on East Midlothian in the 800 block.

PD

The 6th ward cuts off at South ave but does jog over to Gibson border where Mabel and Pasadena is

Towntalk

I'll ask him, but if what you said is correct, and I don't doubt it, I would still remain in the 7th Ward since I live a mile east of South Avenue. Now in 2015 we will be looking to elect a new Councilman since our current Councilman will be termed out, and in the Sixth, they will be looking to elect a new Council person as Tarpley is running for State Rep, and also she is also termed out in City Council. If  Mary is in the 6th Ward, she  would make a powerful Council Person, and she is well known as an activist on behalf of the South Side.

jay

Your councilperson should be able to provide the maps for you.

Towntalk

I wasn't referring to you my kind and gentle friend, bless your soul, I've delighted in following your wisdom on other web sites that you participate in and think the comments are spot on.

Peggy Gurney

I know nothing. Since I live on the north side, I don't pay much attention to other sides of town.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Obviously several of our folks have detailed info about the ward changes that affect the 6th and 7th wards, yet all we are getting are vague statements that tell us nothing, and in fact, less than nothing, so what's the reason for this vagueness? Is everyone afraid of dealing with specific concerns? Now I know that one of the members throws out vague comments but flattly refuses to respond to specific questions, but I would expect more from others so that we can know which way to go if and when the issue goes to a ballot if it ever does. Is this issue so bloody controversial that everyone is afraid of not being politically correct?

Peggy Gurney

Oh boy, even a couple of members of the 7th Ward Citizens Coalition will be in the 6th ward.   :o

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

If that is the case, fortunately I live far enough east of South Avenue that I'll still be in the 7th Ward as is the case with a number of members that I know, but it will impact others. That said though, this area is a tightly knit area and that will not change, and for whoever the 6th ward council person is, they had better tred lightly because those who will be impacted will hold their feet to the fire and will not take any BS as is the case with those currently in the sixth ward.
By the way, is that map yet available online for viewing?

jay

If the new sixth ward map remains as proposed, the ward would extend from Glenwood Avenue in the west to South Avenue in the east.

Several of our Forum members will now be living in the sixth ward.