News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Councilwoman Misses Council Meeting

Started by jay, July 13, 2016, 08:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

there is always a chance and a choice with new blood when political parties or independents candidates run for office.

Rick Rowlands

There is no point because there is no chance.  So there is really no choice when it comes to city council members.

jay

The Republican Party, for example, did not run a single candidate in the 2015 Youngstown city council races.

Rick Rowlands

Well if all of you weren't so blind in your support of Democrats, there might be some competitive council races and the incumbents won't feel as if they can do anything, or nothing, and still keep their jobs.  You do it to yourselves by being so overwhelmingly one sided.

kenneyjoe330

OH My Goodness ! ! !   Just what we need another law that does not get ENFORCED ! ! !   Lets just thing about it for ONE Minute ! ! !   Lets start National - Jessie Jackson and Federal Beau of Taxation (Hill er ah eee anyone ?).   Now lets move to Ohio and FIREWORKS - anyone please speak UP ! ! !  Closest  to My heart is not putting out trash until 24 hours before pick up ! ! !    How about being fined for not showing up at a City Council meeting or how about the board of Education.  How about a parking ticket ?  Yata Yata Yata  :-*   

iwasthere

Rushblvd

Council is paid by the taxpayers, it is a job. Sometimes things happen and you have to miss work, BUT, if you miss more then 2xs without a legitimate excuse that is unacceptable and there should be a penalty. I thought in the Charter now that it was $12.00 (please someone correct me if this is wrong). Vacation is fine to miss a meeting, but blatantly missing because you do not feel like going is inexcusable.
And EVERYONE should CARE

jay

I know this doesn't matter to anyone on the Forum.  The Charter Review Commission wants to remove any penalty for councilmen who miss regular council meetings.  I feel this is a mistake.

There could come a day when a councilman is so lax that he or she hardly comes to any meetings.  Then what should the ward residents do?  Have a recall?  The rules for a recall have not been updated since the 1920s.  It is almost impossible to remove a councilman.

kenneyjoe330

I also have it from a reliable source that she was on vacation ! ! !

sfc_oliver

I have it on good authority that she is in fact on vacation with her family.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

I think she was having her car washed for the weekend.

jay

The seventh ward councilwoman missed tonight's city council meeting.