News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Council Meeting About Ward Maps - Wednesday, July 23

Started by jay, July 22, 2014, 07:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: AllanY2525 on August 01, 2014, 12:40:32 AM

I think Mayor McNally is doing a good job as mayor, thus far.  He's a smart cookie, for sure....

I totally agree.
~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

That's one of the many reasons I respect you, Towntalk - you call 'em like you see 'em
just like the umpire in a baseball game. 

You also do not mince words, or beat around the  bush......always refreshing in a forum
such as this one......

Lol

:)

Towntalk

Does anyone get the idea that I do not fear my tongue?
Well baby that is one of the benefits of old age. We grey haired old broads are not afraid to shoot from the hip so long as our canes or walkers don't get in the way. Some describe us as fisety old broads, and there is a grain of truth in that. (Fisety old broad that is.)

AllanY2525

I think Mayor McNally is doing a good job as mayor, thus far.  He's a smart cookie, for sure....

Towntalk

I'll bet my immortal soul that at least two council persons hate JM's guts and would do anything possable to hurt him, and if they say they don't, they're bigger liars than I think they are.

iwasthere

Quote from: AllanY2525 on July 26, 2014, 03:08:35 AM
I hope that the result of the law director's research into charter laws, etc.
show that the city can legally ENFORCE the rules and bring legal remedies
against council if they fail to follow the rule of law/charter.

It would be great to see him and Mayor McNally beat them over their heads
with the rules.....
council knows that jm has the grasp of the law of the land in which upsets several council reps to no end. you have a mayor that has a law degree from georgetown and business master from mit. what education and governmental experience does council has over jm. :o

AllanY2525

I hope that the result of the law director's research into charter laws, etc.
show that the city can legally ENFORCE the rules and bring legal remedies
against council if they fail to follow the rule of law/charter.

It would be great to see him and Mayor McNally beat them over their heads
with the rules.....

Towntalk

Exactly and Council's feet must be held to the fire, especially old lady Gillam and her groupy Tarpley to shut their mouths after extracting their feet and make the vote 7 for 0 against.

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on July 25, 2014, 06:54:35 AM
What law, state or federal dictates the number of wards a city can have based on anything or any measure?
the wards were based on the charter language that was passed in 1927 with a breathing room that city residents can change with the times accding to the census.

Towntalk

Oh, and by the way, I have no doubt that there are young adults at YSU that could mand should step forward that could turn Youngstown around.

Towntalk

Hopefully they are the same 3 that I'm thinking of.

Peggy Gurney

There are a couple of really good people on City Council that I would like to see stay there.
Well, maybe 3.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Certainly the younger adults voices should be heard, there's no question about that, and hopefully there will come some younger people who can purge this city of it's insanity, but among the current crop, I don't find that person or persons, and I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon of every Tom, Dick or Harry that comes down the pike. My standards for this city's future are too high to give my support to just anyone. All we have to do is look around us to see what the current crop of so-called leaders has given us. They've destroyed everything they've touched,with little or no hope of it's recovery any time soon. And don't blame every member of City Council for all the problems that Council has created.