News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Up in the Gillam's Face"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, December 16, 2014, 02:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

In my opinion and experience, they put themselves up as leaders in their community and were flatly failures.

Peggy Gurney

The Gillam's are terribly disliked.
Are they really as oblivious as they seem to this fact?
~ Normal is overrated ~

Youngstownshrimp

I have a feeling the goods energy is pushing tthem out for good.

Youngstownshrimp

Was at Vernons in niles for a meeting and I bumped into the largest commercial real estate firm in Youngstown and it was not the newyorkers.  Anyway after wondering about who else stands up to the gillams and this firm stated unequivocally how they despise them.  We need better blood on the eastside.

Rick Rowlands

At least they are getting out of my part of the east side.

Youngstownshrimp

We need new blood to lead the Eastside!

Youngstownshrimp

Allan the hearing was for a variance to allow the 7 car garage. Of course I am all about property rights and the City had to approve the variance.  However, in my opinion gillam is obviously going to store business  equipment there as he admitted.  I believe one member of this Forum is on the board and that person was very astute on my objection and seems to understand my concern . I feel this person and the law director is going to keep an eye on this project.

AllanY2525

Ron, did he file for a zoning exemption for the garage?

Youngstownshrimp

A large percentage of Youngstown voters expressed their opinions about what some here even say is the Gillam dynasty.  The needed redistricting of wards in Youngstown by a small margin almost toppled the name.  One can bet that this is only the beginning of cleaning up politics in Youngstown.  More will come to the City Castle taking a swing at the useless fiefdoms.

This afternoon, I went up in the face of the Gillams.   Artis Gilliam wishes to build this monstrous 7 car garage on his multiple City lots in the eastside.  Yes a monster 2240 sq. ft. Garage to store equipment.  As one of his landowner neighbors, I objected to his plans.  First I asked why wasn't his 30 Ft. lots replanted and why an obvious commercial garage on residential property.  Of course with his councilwoman wife next to him, he got his way, no surprise.  I just wanted to show them that some of us are willing to stand up to them.

So...... good people of Youngstown, we all need to do our part to speak up and not just here.