News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

7th Ward's City Council Candidate

Started by jay, December 07, 2014, 09:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Peggy Gurney on December 22, 2014, 07:26:01 PM
I read on another thread here that he and Annie are backing someone named Mike White (?).
that is correct

Youngstownshrimp

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: iwasthere on December 22, 2014, 01:21:03 PM
I heard from a morning starling today that artis Gilliam will not run for first ward council, more at eleven.
I read on another thread here that he and Annie are backing someone named Mike White (?).

~ Normal is overrated ~

iwasthere

I heard from a morning starling today that artis Gilliam will not run for first ward council, more at eleven.

Youngstownshrimp

You guys are all correct.  A lot of Youngstown politicians are unqualified, no track record of success  and absolutely  Ghetto.

Towntalk

Allan sentiment is mutual my friend.
As I drift through the twilight of my life, unlike most of you, I can look back at better days in our fair community, and to be perfectly honest, and perfectly blunt, I could care less about the city as it sits today. I'm as happy as a clam swimming in fine clam sauce as I await that great call from above as he calls out "Are you free Miss Towntalk." I was fortunate to be able to have rubbed shoulders with some of the finest people who were a true credit to our city, and whose memories are preserved in honored places in the Mahoning Valley Historic Society, and I am well pleased with all that I have accomplished, and this is (no offense) more than most of you can claim.

PD

Agreed with that Jay. I know a certain guy in their right now that doesn't want to be associated with the rest of them

jay

Quote I will never be able to stomach ytown scumpolitics. It is a younger persons job.

I've talked with many people who feel that council leaves a negative impression on the citizens of the city.  People do not want to run if they will end up being the only council member that's not in favor of maintaining the status quo.

Youngstownshrimp

AllanY2525

Merry Christmas, Town talk....and Happy Chanuka, Ron

:D

Towntalk

The church I attended when we first moved to Youngstown (Richard Brown Memorial Methodist Church) had/has very strong relations with your Temple and two of our lady friends from Mahoning Methodist Church use to sing there at events.

Youngstownshrimp

Hello towntalk. Thank you for your kindness. I'm glad you are enjoying your escape from the hood : )  I will never be able to stomach ytown scumpolitics. It is a younger persons job. Merry Christmas to you. Last night we had our chanukah dinner at the temple. Yummy.

Towntalk

Ron: Too bad you don't live in the 7th because you'd make one **** of a Councilman. Merry Christmas my friend, and what's the latest in the music arena?

Youngstownshrimp

Keep advising us on her advancement.  My company has donated to the ward partition and will actively support new good blood that throw the unqualified out.

PD