News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Bread Recall

Started by Billy Mumphrey, July 23, 2014, 09:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

what we lack in one personality trait we shine in other good quality traits, my frd. no need to beat yourself up. there are enough people trying to beat you up.

Towntalk

Actually I agree with you my friend ... shoot, when I consider myself, I guess that I should be a mite more humble ... just a mite mind you. Humility just isn't my strong suit, but when you consider the total package, well that's a whole new story looking to be written and made into a movie. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1yfX6VnrSU

iwasthere

what would Jesus do when dealing with bm? he would welcome him as a child of God.

Towntalk

Because he hasn't the faintest idea about what he's talking about, and doesn't want to be educated. Ignorance is bliss.

Rick Rowlands

I just say what everyone is thinking. 

BTW take a look at your posts.  You focus most of your time on trying to sink an important industry in the valley and now you are trying to soil the good name of one of Youngstown's oldest companies.  So who really is mean spirited? 

Towntalk

Billy, I don't know how much you know about the history of Schwebel's so I'll educate you.
Mrs.Dora Schwebel and her husband founded the bakery and as the bakery grew, they placed high standards on their products ... very high in fact ... the highest in the industry.
Her drivers had to change the products that they placed in stores on a regular basis,and bring the unsold bread back to the bakery which guaranteed that all the products were fresh.
In the bakery she set high standards of quality control, and watched over it like a hawk. She did not tolerate any degree of slackness either fromher bakers or her drivers. They towed the mark or they were fired ... she didn't give them a second chance, and this was why all the baked products that bore the Schwebel brand were, and still are trusted.
After she passes, her children took over management, and kept the same strict standards.
Needless to say, not all the employees appreciated the rules they had to work under, so you will find people who will badmouth the company, but Schwebles is one of the oldest and largest family owned bakeries in America, and it's all due to the standards that Mrs.Schwebel set.

Billy Mumphrey

Mr. Rowlands, why must you be so mean spirited? I merely wrote a statement that was said to me by a former employee. Why do you have to belittle everyone you don't see eye to eye with? IS this how your parents raised you? For shame!

Rick Rowlands

Its just Billy opening his mouth without thinking again.  Maybe he plans to blame the listeria on fracking somehow. 

Peggy Gurney

LOL, that article doesn't say the first thing about quality control suffering.  Really??  ONE recall, and a voluntary recall at that, in 108 years??   ::)

Schwebel's is still one of the cleanest, safest bakeries in the nation.
I don't purchase any other bread, and do not plan to in the future.

(p.s. there's already a topic on this)

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

They use to have a large bakery here in Youngstown, but Youngstown wasn't good enough for them, but Schwabels in spite of their growth kept their headquarters here, and has always been supportive of Youngstown projects.

Billy Mumphrey

I prefer Nickles Bakery out of Navarre, Ohio. :)

Towntalk

Billy, flat out, you don't know what the **** you're talking about. When was the last time there was any problem with any Schwebel product? NONE. Last year they did voluntarily recall one of their products as Peggy pointed out, BUT it was because of the label, and not the product. Don't hand us that **** that their quality has declined in any way in recent years because it hasn't and it's still the best bread out there.

Billy Mumphrey

I understand quality control has suffered over recent years due to retirements. :(

http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/jul/23/schwebel-bakery-finds-listeria-withdraws-some-prod/