News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Council Meeting About Ward Maps - Wednesday, July 23

Started by jay, July 22, 2014, 07:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Towntalk

I don't care what anyone says,  >:( I'M 100,000,000,000,000,000% AGAINST IT!  >:(  And 100% AGAINST all these convoluted so-called petition drives.  >:(  NO EXCEPTIONS.  >:(  Every time we turn around some malcontent is coming up with another petition drive that is as useful as a ---- ---- ---- (fill in the example)  >:(

jay

Petitions are being circulated to reduce the number of wards from seven down to five.  I can't imagine how long it will take for council to come up with new ward maps if this issue passes.

Towntalk

My Councilman is my HERO!

AllanY2525

What would be really great would be a petition for a recall election for all of city council....

:(

Towntalk

In my younger and more productive days, I wasn't able to attend council meetings for the very simple reason that I worked the night shift -- 11:00 PM to 7:30 AM 6 days a week, and took care of my parients during the daytime so that they would not be a burdon on society, for contrary to the way others deal with elderly parients with serious health problems, I didn't farm them off to a nursing home but kept them at home with me, now if that doesn't fit your idea of a good citizen and a responsable child, then I'm sorry, but that was the way I was brought up.

jay

If people have never attended a city council meeting to see the dog and pony show, then they will never know just how bad council meetings can be at times.

Towntalk

And Jay wonders why most people do not attend those dog and pony shows.

Peggy Gurney

Good grief, what a mess.  Can't we just fire the lot of them, use the maps from YSU, have 5 wards, IF that many are needed, elect an all new council, and get on with it?

No?

Well, I thought it was a good idea.   :(

EDIT: And I agree with Rick.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Rick Rowlands

Prisoners should not be counted as residents.  They are prisoners, which is a state separate from resident or even citizenship.  These prisoners do not require representation on council; they may not even know what the city around them looks like.  They do not use city services aside from those sold to the entity running the prison.  The only representation needed is for the operators of the prisons. 

jay

Notes from my friend who attended the meeting

Janet Tarpley still wants an ouside party to draw the maps.

Annie Gillam still wants prisoners to be counted as ward residents.

Various councilmen were trading off ward sections.  Trades were made between wards 4 and 3, 3 and 1, 2 and 7, and 4 and 5.  It sounds like kids trading baseball cards.

iwasthere

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on July 23, 2014, 09:04:58 AM
I don't care!  At least it gets me out of Gilliam's control!!!  ;D ;D ;D     Who represents second ward anyways?
rr watch what you wish for in your life. tj rogers is no better than the gilliams. his qualifications to take over dk seat was that he played football with dk while they were in  high school.

Peggy Gurney

I wonder what happened to the Mayor's previous stance that the map's they (we) paid YSU to draw up were more than adequate and we didn't need more maps.
hmmm?

~ Normal is overrated ~

Rick Rowlands

I don't care!  At least it gets me out of Gilliam's control!!!  ;D ;D ;D     Who represents second ward anyways?

AllanY2525

What I would love to see is that same kind of map - with two less wards on it.

I hope the petition gets enough signatures to force the idiots in city council to
grasp reality firmly in their hands.