News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Zombie Land

Started by jay, October 11, 2009, 08:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynds

The City of Youngstown : The Oakland Center for the Arts : The Mahoning Valley Historical Society Invite you to the FIRST ANNUAL YOUNGSTOWN ZOMBIE CRAWL!!!!
Friday October 30th starting at 5pm at Oak Hill Cemetery!
5pm: Meet at Oak Hill Cemetery / local makeup artists will be on site with Zombie makeup $5 / The Mahoning Valley Historical Society will be giving FREE self guided tours of the Cemetery.
6:45pm ALL ZOMBIES will crawl down Oak Hill to Mahoning and over Peanut Bridge (Red Mahoning Bridge) to West Federal Street.

7:30 Crawl ends.... Youngstown Zombie madness starts >:(

8pm the Oakland Center for the Arts will have $10 tix for there opening night of " The Rocky Horror Show"

8pm the Mahoning Historical Society will host a Halloween Party at the Burt Building (325 W. Fed) $10 includes haunted tour through the historic Burt Bld. local ghost stories, frightful artifacts, costume contest, dancing and cash bar.

8pm ALL Downtown Bars will offer Amazing DRINK SPECIALS!!! Zombies ONLY !!! Please see the flier.
Downtown Bars include: The Draught House
The Lemon Grove
Imbibe
Rosetta Stone
Barleys
Buffalo Wild Wings
Cafe Cimmento
MVR
The Royal Oaks
Downtown 36

*most bars/ restaurants will also offer LIVE music also!!!

iwasthere

the recurrence of the "Night of the Living Dead" will occur at the Newport Library Thursday Oct.29 6pm on the Southside and ytown's downtown will have the Zombies. what's next for ytown?

jay

Speaking of zombies

I've heard that zombies are going to invade downtown Youngstown  on Friday, October 30.

:o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o

sfc_oliver

Glad you asked, well not really . But All my neighbor said about the lady was he had heard the same legend but never knew anyone who claimed to had seen anything different from what you see in the picture I went and took today.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

sarge what is the story concerning the STATUE legend?

sfc_oliver

Anyway weird part is that Zombie land is about a mile or so due North of the church and Cemetery. My neighbor also confirmed the Statue legend. But it is separate from Zombie Land.

sfc_oliver

For some reason I posted zombie land story and pics in the Fresh Air thread......Not moving them now.

Towntalk

iwasthere

towntalk the church is the former St. Lawerance Catholic Church. the church was bought by a gay couple that uses it as art gallery/residence.

Why?Town

A link would be great!

My mom had the original broadcast on a record album when I was a kid but I don't really remember much of it.

Towntalk

By the way, if anyone would like their own personal copy of War Of The Worlds let me know and I'll post a link to it.

Its great listening and a reminder of the power of old time radio over people.

iwasthere

Towntalk

;D I was just kidding  ;D

By the way, what church is that in the picture?

iwasthere

towntalk that location is one of many places that the Green Party holds their nightly rituals which we indoctrinate innocent youths :-X.

sfc_oliver

Ytown, that is indeed the area as best I can tel. if you look close you will see a small part of the cemetery east of Churchill Rd. And I think the creek is east of that but I can't make it out. With a bit of luck I'll be over there this evening. Expect an eyewitness report. Maybe.