News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

WEBSITE COLORS REVISITED

Started by ForumManager, November 14, 2006, 08:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What colors do you prefer for the MV Pages

blues
3 (37.5%)
reds
0 (0%)
greens
3 (37.5%)
orange/earthtones
1 (12.5%)
primary bold colors
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

ForumManager

It is  weird that some folks are having problems and others are not.
Things are not visible for some people, but that's not the cause for my concern. Whenever anyone posts there are dozens of errors logged.  I guess if it is not causing the users problems, it is  not a big issue.  Although, people rarely complain when there are  problems.  They just stop visiting sites when they are glitchy.

our2cents

Quote from: ForumManager on January 23, 2007, 09:17:45 AM
glitchiness...is that a word?

It is now that you've used it!  Quick, copyright it before Stephen Colbert claims it.   :laugh: 
(For those that don't watch the show, he has made up words ending in "-iness" and they end up all over the place in use.  The big one was Truthiness:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truthiness )

As for the board, I haven't had a single problem with any pages in quite a while...while using the SPG theme.  I'll probably keep using it, but I will check out the SMF setup once you have it configured to compare it.

ForumManager

Here's the scoop
The new Slick pro graphite  template has several glitches.
There are numerous errors that occur, but don't occur when I have the forum default theme activated in my account. There are also missing features.  I have modified code manually and there is much more tweaking  to be done.

This is what I've decided to do.
Next week  I am planning to modify the color scheme of the "SMF default"  template. (which is the second choice in your list) I will add a top section with the site  logos and links to closely match the slick pro theme.  The screen layout won't be exactly like slick pro but the color scheme will be nearly identical.

We'll  keep the slick pro graphite theme in the choices for those of you that really like the layout.
But please note that the theme has glitchiness...is that a word?

our2cents

ForumManager

Stars should be fixed now. Let me know if any are still missing.

our2cents

Quote from: ForumManager on November 21, 2006, 01:40:57 PM
I will add some stars.  I noticed them too.

I'm happy to hear that it's not just on my end.  ;)

ForumManager

I will add some stars.  I noticed them too.

our2cents

I'm still loving graphite.  The only thing that I've noticed not working, are the missing stars.

ForumManager

ForumManager

I'll keep it for now.
I really like it too.  The features are cool.
Maybe when I have more time, I  can look into your  issue, Westsider.

Maybe Try a "reset" or change sizes  and see if that helps any.

As noted before, there can be issues and that is always why I gavitated toward the default template.
This is kind of fun though!

Two of the themes didn't install correctly.  I fixed them but they have no thumbnail previews,
Simplicity had to go because it had  parse errors  when trying to read messages and time is limited.

yfdgricker

Leviathan is pretty neat especially when using the blue option (I like the stormy blue/grays.) I don't like the brown background or the fact that there are no table borders. However, the last two items are quite easy to modify at the code level.

The fact you can make the template expand to several settings is interesting.

I'm going to check out the 'dashboard' next.

northside lurker

The strange part is, it did look like that at first.  I remember using the profile button to go try out other themes.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

ForumManager

Now that is weird.

it is a graphic.  it must not be loading for you.
I guess leviathan is out of here, unless I can figure out the issue.

use this link to get to your profile to change out
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?action=profile

attached is what it should look like

northside lurker

Here's a screenshot.  I think I might have had the same problem at work, but I can't be sure.

At home, I'm using Firefox, and at work, I use Explorer.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

ForumManager

I just switched to Leviathan to see what you are talking about and I am not seeing it here.
I checked in both firefox and Internet Explorer.
The links are right under the words mahoningvalley.info and the leviathan logo.
That is only  IF you haven't clicked the little triangles in the top right corner
Are you able to post a screenshot?
I was hoping to keep leviathan as an optional theme...
If it has big bugs, it is outta here!

Leviathan has a cool thing called a dashboad... in your profile, you can switch to dashboard and see large icons for the sections.

I don't have the main site links coded in.  I am going to wait and decide which themes to keep and which to toss and them code in the links.  We are definitely keeping  the graphite theme as an option because it is sleek and functional.