News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Will The Price Of Gasoline Drop Below $3.00?

Started by jay, September 18, 2014, 05:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

No way is this going to last. Already reports surfacing about those oil countries over there getting very nervous and considering cutting production to drive the prices back up.  :-X

I'd go with the smaller car if I were you.
~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

I was planning on downsizing to a smaller vehicle when my Expedition gets traded in next year
but I am seriously considering the purchase of the full sized van I've always wanted. 

Peggy Gurney

When I went by the BP station at Gypsy and Belmont this evening, it was 2.39 still.  The locally owned station just north of them was 2.37.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

It's $2.29 at the stations on Belmont Avenue. My frient filled up today at the Getgo at Churchill Commons spent $1.59 a gallon with the credits I built up with fuel perks on my Advantage Card.

Peggy Gurney

It is 2.31 at Tom's Gas & Groceries on Logan Ave.
~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

Gas was $2.35 on Mahoning Avenue today.

We should change the title of this thread to "Will the price of gasoline drop below $2.00?"

Towntalk

Peggy Gurney

Tom's Gas and Groceries on Logan Ave - 2.32!   ;D
~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

I use my bank debit card, which looks like a credit card because of the visa logo on it.
You could be seeing a lot of those at the pump, Jay, rather than credit cards.

I'm able to fill up my tank once every 3 or 4 months if I'm lucky. The rest of the time it's $10 here and there.
My son's dad filled his Impala up for $30 yesterday. Hopefully it'll be low enough soon so I can fill up my Impala for $25.
Hey, one can hope.   ;)
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

On one occasion, my friend was able to purchase gas at Getgo for $2.25 thanks to the Advantage card and all the purchases I made at Churchill Commons Giant Eagle.

jay

On occasion, I purchase gasoline from a larger service station on Mahoning Avenue.  People of means appear to purchase gas at the pump using a credit card.  Inside the service station other people often buy smaller amounts of gas using a few wrinkled dollars and an assortment of pocket change. 

While some people can afford to fill up the tank, others can barely afford the price for one gallon of gasoline.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: AllanY2525 on December 18, 2014, 12:15:58 AM
Its like folks are being penalized for driving cars whose engines get better mileage.....

:(

Not to mention the truckers.   ::)
~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

I've always thought diesel fuel prices to be a rip off.  Diesel is extracted from the same raw
crude as gasoline - so why the huge difference in price?

Its like folks are being penalized for driving cars whose engines get better mileage.....

:(