News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

WRTA Service To Warren

Started by jay, September 06, 2011, 04:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Contrary to the schedule, the bus does not go into the Eastwood Mall.  It only stops on Rt. 422 in front of the mall.

Those riders returning to Youngstown have to walk across busy Rt. 422 in order to catch the bus on the south side of the street.  This is unsafe.  From what I've heard, the mall management will not allow the bus on their property.

jay

QuoteMaybe Trumbull county can pick up some costs to get the bus to run more frequently.

As usual, Trumbull County will pay nothing but will still get the service.

If you want better WRTA service in Trumbull County, talk to your elected officials.

mrniles266

:'( It took asking, many times, for information on the restart of the Warren route. I got what I wanted. I read the article in the Vindy. The one part of the route I don't understand is why it would go into one housing development in Warren? I had to look at a map. I never heard of it. Why do that?  Going to Kent State, Trumbull, would make more sense than that? The Niles-Trumbull Transit, or whatever it will be called in the future, should be doing that. The Youngstown-Warren Express, should be just that. Moving people back and fourth between Youngstown-YSU-Warren-Eastern Gateway-KSU Trumbull as quickly as possible. Establish a safe, Park and Ride lot, in downtown Warren, and or others along the way. Maybe Trumbull county can pick up some costs to get the bus to run more frequently. This is the most important route for linking Mahoning and Trumbull county again and never to stop again.

Towntalk

northside lurker

the rumors I've heard said that the Warren bus will not be going to KSU.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

QuoteIn Warren, the bus will travel on several streets near the downtown.  Portions of High, Summit, Tod, Park,  Mahoning, and Market will now be covered.

A representative of the WRTA will have a display at the Grey To Green Festival in Youngstown's Wick Park on Saturday, September 10.  You could probably get various schedules at that time.

mrniles266

??? Are they going to Kent State this time or just downtown Warren? With a schedule, I would not have to ask all thee questions. What are the times they leave Warren? I see service is every two hours. Not what I would like to see. It's better than nothing. If it just goes just to Warren, it will save a lot of wasted fuel and time, over the last route. Niles-Trumbull Transit, or whatever it will be called, should have to get people to Kent State. I would like to see a safe, official, City, Park and Ride lot in Downtown Warren,(there seems to be plenty) to start with. Like some sort of Federal Station in Warren to make connections for future buses.

mrniles266

??? Do you have a schedule with a map? I still haven't found the ight place. It's not on the WRTA's website. It's not up to date.

jay

The bus will basically take Rt. 422 the entire way.

Time Point Example
8:40 a.m. Federal Station
8:52 a.m. Liberty & 422
8:57 a.m. McKinley Hgts.
9:05 a.m. Eastwood Mall
9:25 a.m. Warren Square

AllanY2525

When I was a kid I worked at Abruzzi's Cafe 422 in Warren... used to take the WRTA bus to Eastwood mall and
then I would walk the rest of the way.

Glad to see the route is back...it will help to connect Youngstown to Warren for those who do not drive.

mrniles266

jay

WRTA bus service to Warren, Ohio starts on Monday, September 12.

jay

The Warren bus will leave Federal Station at these times on weekdays.

6:40 a.m.
8:40 a.m.
10:40 a.m.
12:40 p.m.
2:40 p.m.
4:40 p.m.

The 6:40 a.m. bus does not operate on Saturdays.

Rushblvd

This is good news--When we had the bus route come through Girard it really helped the small businesses---I may have to finally venture into taking the bus to work..Still wished they had bike racks..

jay

Yes, the new Warren WRTA bus will travel through Girard on Rt. 422.

In Warren, the bus will travel on several streets near the downtown.  Portions of High, Summit, Tod, Park,  Mahoning, and Market will now be covered.

Oh, the bus will also stop at the Eastwood Mall.