News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

7th Ward Leadership

Started by Towntalk, May 11, 2015, 02:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on May 22, 2015, 09:26:16 AM
IF The head of the Seventh Ward Citizens Coalition would keep me posted as to meetings, locations and events here in the 7th Ward ON A REGULAR BASIS I would do it FREE OF ANY CHARGE but each of the 7th Ward groups would have to give me their 100% COOPERATION 100% OF THE TIME. NO EXCEPTIONS AND NO EXCUSES. IF I AM WILLING TO SPEND MY VALUABLE TIME FOR THEM, THEN I MUST HAVE THEIR FULL COOPERATION!
seventh ward coaliation meeting
every third Thursday of every month
faith community ch
Midlothian blvd across from the former fire station
630 pm to 800 pm
ALL ARE WELCOME FROM ALL OVER :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-X :-\ :-* :'( :laugh:

Towntalk

I threw the offer out for what it was worth. In the time I've lived here, I've given up on ALL the 7th Ward groups. While I love my apartment, if someone were to offer me a similar apartment on the West Side, I think I would take it.

Peggy Gurney

I would not hold my breath. As I posted above, many of those small block watch groups are interested only in what is going on in their own neighborhoods.
Patty would tell you that it's almost like pulling shark's teeth to get very many people to even come to a 7WCC meeting.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

IF The head of the Seventh Ward Citizens Coalition would keep me posted as to meetings, locations and events here in the 7th Ward ON A REGULAR BASIS I would do it FREE OF ANY CHARGE but each of the 7th Ward groups would have to give me their 100% COOPERATION 100% OF THE TIME. NO EXCEPTIONS AND NO EXCUSES. IF I AM WILLING TO SPEND MY VALUABLE TIME FOR THEM, THEN I MUST HAVE THEIR FULL COOPERATION!

Towntalk

jay

Check ordinance number 26 from the last city council meeting.  The ordinance authorizes the expenditure of $300.00 to the Seventh Ward Citizens' Coalition to help offset the costs of producing the Ward Word Newsletter.

Now if they could only find money to hire someone to post events to the Forum.  ;D

iwasthere

seventh ward coaliation meeting
every third Thursday of every month
faith community ch
Midlothian blvd across from the former fire station
630 pm to 800 pm
ALL ARE WELCOME FROM ALL OVER :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-X :-\ :-* :'( :laugh: THESE ICONS REPRESENT ALL OF OUR FACES

Peggy Gurney

Unfortunately, many 7th ward neighborhood group leaders are concerned only with their neighborhood group. There's not a lot of outreach, or joining together with other neighborhood groups are there is in other wards.
Honestly the only group that is concerned and actually DOING something in the 7th ward, IS the 7th Ward Citizens Coalition and its members.
It is a shame.

I do try to post as much as I can about events and happenings in my own neighborhood and indeed, the north side. But again, not every group up here shares their 'stuff' either, so not everything gets posted.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Call it just frustration Peggy. I know that I get a wee bit impatient, but it seems that Mahoningvalley.info is just all about the West Side most of the time, and I see a few posts about the North Side and next to nothing about the 7th Ward. The sad thing is that what few links there are concerning 7th Ward neighborhood groups are either dead or haven't been updated since 2012, this includes facebook; one of the meeting places has closed, and we have no idea  of who to contact.

Peggy Gurney

Why are you upset because people don't post HERE?  Many people are more comfortable with Facebook than forums such as this one.
That is most likely where they post their neighborhoods accomplishments and events, because they will get more exposure.  Many neighborhood group leaders have Facebook groups and pages, such as Brownlee Woods, Wick Park, Crandall Park North, etc.  When I lived on the South side and was the Cochran Park block watch leader, I posted our stuff on Facebook. In fact I didn't even know about this forum at that time. 

In their defense, I know Patty Dougan, the 7th Ward Citizen's Coalition leader. She's an attorney and works full time. The rest of her time is spent helping neighborhood groups and spending time with her family. Also not everyone spends as much time on a computer as you or I do, and my time online is about to be cut dramatically, as I have so much going on in my life right now.   People are just busy.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Jay my friend, you do a great job on behalf of the 4th and 5th Wards, and even have time to promote events in other Wards, so if you can do that, then the leaders of the various 7th Ward neighborhood groups can take a few minutes to come here and post a simple events message. It would take them about three minutes to post a message and once it's posted they get alerts in their email about responses just as they do on their facebook accounts. There simply is no valad excuse on their part. What makes matters even worse, we have no way of knowing which of these neighborhoods are still active and who the leaders are.

jay

The seventh ward leaders may be too busy working for the ward and don't have time to tell us about their accomplishments and upcoming ward events.

Towntalk

Where is the 7th Ward leadership anyway? I'm fed up with all the drumb beating for the 4th and 5th wards without a peep from anyone about events here in the 7th ward! We have some of the nicest neighborhoods in the city, we have some of the best CITY PARKS, and we have several neighborhood groups, yet only one of them had a web site, and none of their leadership comes here to post events, so we have no idea about what they are doing. THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! IF I WAS PHYSICALLY ABLE TO, I'D MAKE A POINT OF ATTENDING ALL THE 7th WARD NEIGHBORHOOD GROUP MEETINGS, BUT I'M NOT, AND REPORT ON 7th WARD EVENTS. IF THINGS CONTINUE WITH ME, I MAY VERY WERY REQUIRE ASSISTED LIVING BUT THERE ARE THOSE YOUNGER THAN ME WHO SHOULD STEP UP TO THE PLATE HERE IN THE 7th.!