News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

7th Ward Parade Question

Started by Towntalk, May 11, 2015, 11:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

My My My - This is the first that I've read this post.  I got a good two laughs from PD's calling it a lame parade ! ! !   I can really see how some can see it that way.  If you got a laugh (or may be a tear in you eye) the parade did it's job!   The Spirit of being AMERICANS, of being a small strong part of A Fantastic Country, the Fellowship of neighbors and friends who share our Love - surely is not lame  ;D  The parade itself and I am sure the guy that hummm gets it together may well be lame and otherwise challenged in many areas  :-*
I just THANK GOD that - that is not what makes the world go round  :laugh:

Towntalk

Me for one ... iwasthere for another .

jay

How many people that you know are actually helping with the parade on the day of the parade?  I've attended this parade in the past and it takes a dozen or more people to pull it off.

Towntalk

So in other words, you are speculating about something you have no absolute information about, but are simply throwing out personal opinion and trying to make us believe that what you posted is absolute fact. I know that it is useless to try to pin you down, but in the future, it would be helpful if you would confine yourself to the West Side and leave it to others to take care of their wards. You do a good job keeping us posted on West Side events, so please leave it to that.
By the way, the candidate for the 7th Ward seat fully intends to involve herself in more events in the 7thWard, so I suspect that we will see a lot more going on here in the future.

jay

Most groups have the capacity to do a fixed amount of tasks.  As people get older and others move away, a group's ability to outreach shrinks.  This parade and all other community projects have to face this reality.

Towntalk

And what is your source!!! If you are going to post things like this, at least have the decency of posting your sources rather than tossing out blind leads. You're able to do it with west side groups so at least be consistant and do it for the other sides of town or don't do it at all.

jay

I've heard they are having a difficult time organizing the parade this year.

iwasthere

THE ONLY YTOWN FOURTH OF JULY PARADE IS JULY 4TH AT NOON STARTING AT ST. MATTHIAS CH ON SHADY RUN  RD IN WHICH IT WILL END AT THE FORM ADAMS SCHOOL ON COOPER ST WITH AN OLE FASHION PICNIC.

Towntalk

Then it's on ... really on? It takes time to get everything organized I realize that, BUT I hope that one of the organizers will keep us posted as time goes on so that we can also deal with the other matters that have been discussed here. THANK YOU JAY FOR YOUR HEADS UP ... YOU'RE THE MAN MY FRIEND.

jay

I just received a hard copy of the agenda from the last city council meeting.  Ordinance number 24 authorizes the expenditure of $250.00 to help offset the costs to the 4th of July parade in Lansingville.

iwasthere

LET US NOT GIVE UP ON THIS PARADE

cc4

I always liked being in the Lansingville Parade and attending the neighborhood picnic that followed it.

Sure it wasn't the longest parade, but the people who came out to see it were very enthusiastic; and

the neighborhood people were good hosts.  I missed it last year and am sorry to hear that that may

have been the last year.   :(

Good job in the past, KennyJoe and committee.

iwasthere

Quote from: PD on May 12, 2015, 08:16:00 PM
The parade was pretty lame anyway.  ;D ;D
pd that is an interesting bad taste response. have you ever met the parade sponsors and participants? pd do you know that THIS PARADE is the ONLY FOURTH OF JULY PARADE IN YTOWN? no other side of town council reps have step up to the plate and offer ks a helping hand to  celebrate this country's special day to celebrate our democracy in this country. thank god you are not in any elected or appointed government representative job. you do lack patriotism for USA. >:(

Towntalk

PD, aren't you in the 5th Ward?

PD