News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"How FrackFree hurts Youngstown common folks"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, February 07, 2013, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Youngstownshrimp

This is one of the most active post in the last few months.
May 7th Youngstowners get to make a statement and the whole world will be watching.  Hopefully not to many are brainwashed and science wins the day, even if it is just letting the world know we embrace high tech innovation.

Youngstownshrimp

The energy beneath us will be the seed capital for the new generation to make Youngstown prosper once again.

irishbobcat

I guess it's all in your defintion of destroy and a menace to society......

Youngstownshrimp

Dennis, you are absolutely correct, if you prove that drilling has damaged your property you must be made whole and compensated.  Now, if you cause a ban on drilling in a community, it is in law called "a taking" and property owners must be compensated.  This is where a lot of uneducated opposition people fail to understand.  The small engine repair man who paid taxes for all these years on his small plot has the same rights as his neighbor in Coitsville.  If the City bans harvesting his minerals, they must compensate him.  We all know eminent domain laws, you can take my house for a school but you must pay me.  This is the same as banning mineral harvest, the supreme court will ultimately decide for the property owner compensation.  I am not a lawyer and this is my opinion and experience.
Iwasthere, you are absolutely correct too and you must educate the FrackFree Youngstown people you lead.  You are an educator and you must teach the facts and truths.  You can stop fracking but you must pay the landowners for the inability to harvest their minerals.  If you prove that fracking scientifically destroys the environment, that is another story.  As of today NO government, scientific agency has proven drilling and fracking is a menace to society, it leaves a footprint, but so do we.

iwasthere

if i say no to fracking on my property but my nieghbor says yes. the g and o co can still drill under my property. if the g and o co are going to drill they must pay for any mishaps that they caused by thier drilling.

iwasthere

i attended sat nite ytown symphony pop series concert that is where i was told that the d in d and l energy means Dechristocafaro. this is the same person who was thrown out of the trumbell engineering office for misdeeds. how can i find out the truth of this matter?

irishbobcat

Ron, but when the drilling in your yard heaps havoc on my water and land....then I have to ask you to stop drilling or pay me for the damages....

Youngstownshrimp

Dennis with due respect, you are right if one does not want drilling in their back yard.  But they have no right to prevent another who wants drilling in their back yard.

irishbobcat

Rick, believe it or not, some people DON'T want fracking in their backyard.....deal with it....

Rick Rowlands

Well we just tried to inform Dennis but his last post here shows that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.   Knowledge is wasted on those with closed minds.

Why?Town

Actually the informed people now know that the head of a local company directed his employees to break the law and is being dealt with accordingly.

irishbobcat

And the informed people in Youngstown now know that people who get into the gas/fracking industry will pollute and are not even licensed to
be involved in the process. The guy in Coitsville township may get $6,000 per acre, but at what cost?
http://www.wkbn.com/content/news/communitynews/youngstown/story/Investigators-Lupo-Company-Was-Not-Licensed-to/xzqUKfiB1EKCyXkRshvGQQ.cspx

Youngstownshrimp

I'm pleased many are being informed on this site, more than any other local site excepting GoMarcellusshale.com
I yet have to post on that larger site.  The Vindy seems to have made many ponder.

irishbobcat

TT and Rick....then you need to inform them on your position.